$20.00
$15.00
$5.00
$30.00
Recommend
18 
 Thumb up
 Hide
29 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Asking for Trobils» Forums » News

Subject: The Reprint is coming! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Kraken Games is very happy to announce that Asking for Trobils is being reprinted by Breaking Games!

21 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Webb
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice!!!

Will there be any changes from the initial print run?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, there are a few changes. Some we'll announce once we know they're permanent, but for now, we know:

1) There is new or improved art. We've added a little more color and dimension to the art. Don't worry, it's still orange out the wazoo!
2) The MSRP will be lower. Exact amount not yet determined.
3) The wood bits, traps, megatraps, space slugs, and carrots will be replaced with punchouts.
4) The board will be a puzzle piece instead of the folding board. The folding board had a lot of issues with printing and this will solve that, but it'll be the same size and great quality.

That's all we can announce now. We're shooting for an early release next year, but that's subject to change.

We'd love to hear everyone's suggestions!
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Meyer
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to hear this is getting a reprint! Been waiting to get it but didn't learn about it until it was already long out of print.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! This will be an instant purchase for me!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
krakengames wrote:
Yes, there are a few changes. Some we'll announce once we know they're permanent, but for now, we know:

1) There is new or improved art. We've added a little more color and dimension to the art. Don't worry, it's still orange out the wazoo!
2) The MSRP will be lower. Exact amount not yet determined.
3) The wood bits, traps, megatraps, space slugs, and carrots will be replaced with punchouts.
4) The board will be a puzzle piece instead of the folding board. The folding board had a lot of issues with printing and this will solve that, but it'll be the same size and great quality.
5) There is going to be an awesome expansion available when the reprint hits shelves.

That's all we can announce now. We're shooting for an early release next year, but that's subject to change.

We'd love to hear everyone's suggestions!

FTFY
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
steckman wrote:

FTFY


LOL. We expect the new reprint to do well, so the expansion will be based on those sales.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome news about the reprinting. I'm not sure how I feel about the changes to the board, but I guess I will hold off until I actually see it. I'm not normally a fan of the puzzle style interlocking boards. Folding ones always seem to hold up much better over time (you still see folding Monopoly boards from the early 70's in playable condition, lol).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Barton
Canada
Dryden
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
krakengames wrote:

1) There is new or improved art. We've added a little more color and dimension to the art. Don't worry, it's still orange out the wazoo!


New Art? Damn you Christian, now I may have to buy another copy if I like the art better!

But seriously: If the art is different, does that mean that the expansion will be the new art, or the old art? Will CardBacks be different in the new art?

I'm really trying my best to be patient for the expansion, but now i'm a bit concerned that it may not mesh well with the Kickstarter edition if the art is being changed.

How many firstborn children do you want in exchange for a prototype of Trobil Makers?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
BigDumbYak wrote:

But seriously: If the art is different, does that mean that the expansion will be the new art, or the old art? Will CardBacks be different in the new art?


We'll make sure that the changes don't effect how the expansion works with either version.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J .M
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really liked the old stark art but I don't mind the new look.
But Ugg..Puzzle boards are just the worst. They always end up warped or just don't fit together quite right and even if they do fit well they take more time to set up and put away. I think I'd rather just have separate pieces that don't lock together because even a small amount of warping ends up being super noticeable.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Maybe the puzzle pieces will simply slide into place around O-renj?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nolte
United States
La Habra Heights
California
flag msg tools
Do we have a time frame on the reprint?

And how will it be distributed?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remora824 wrote:
Do we have a time frame on the reprint?

And how will it be distributed?

The timeframe is mentioned above by the designer (early next year)

I would assume that distribution will be by stork.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trond Klakken
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, how do I give you my money?!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
telos81 wrote:
remora824 wrote:
Do we have a time frame on the reprint?

And how will it be distributed?

The timeframe is mentioned above by the designer (early next year)

I would assume that distribution will be by stork.


I am personally training the storks now.

Yes, early next year (fingers crossed).

Distribution is through Breaking Games. They have games on Target's shelf and have just gotten a few on Barnes and Nobel's shelves. They have Letter Tycoon, Boomtown Bandits, Cards Against Humanity, Exploding Kittens, the Game of 49, and much more. Distribution shouldn't be a problem.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
trondkla wrote:
So, how do I give you my money?!


We have to meet in a dark alley at night. I'll be wearing a trench coat and cool hat.
4 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cheryl Miller
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
So, there's no convincing them (publisher) to upgrade the components or offer a deluxe version?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
CherylSRQ wrote:
So, there's no convincing them (publisher) to upgrade the components or offer a deluxe version?


We're trying to keep the cost of the game down, so no. But, I'm the one doing the art for the punchouts and everything so I promise it'll look great
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Will it still have the unique ship designs/pieces?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ebridge wrote:
Will it still have the unique ship designs/pieces?


Absolutely! The ships are staying!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jenney O'C
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
krakengames wrote:
steckman wrote:

FTFY


LOL. We expect the new reprint to do well, so the expansion will be based on those sales.


LITERALLY SO EXCITED!!!
I list this everywhere as one of my favorite games that I got for my munchkin. I was a late KS backer so got one from the inital shipment. It has been our stepping stone to get him into worker placement. He started when he was 8 he is now almost 10... and this prepped him wonderfully to continue with the mechanism.

i loved that the locations weren't blocked and he could work to customize the stops he chose. Once this was solid, moving into ones where there is blocking in addition to the strategy, he was ready and not frustrated. He saw is as just another step in the complexity, or rather another version of complexity.

WIN-WIN in my book. I always feel a tiny bit bad responding to peoples game requests immediately with one, only because they would come back saying, that game looks awesome but its out of print.

so PLEASE SELL WELL lovely orange game. I NEEDS THE EXPANSION something fierce.

Heck if you need a 9ish year old play tester, just let us know. munchkin would be all over that.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Strain
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
dna4n6grl wrote:

LITERALLY SO EXCITED!!!
I list this everywhere as one of my favorite games that I got for my munchkin. I was a late KS backer so got one from the inital shipment. It has been our stepping stone to get him into worker placement. He started when he was 8 he is now almost 10... and this prepped him wonderfully to continue with the mechanism.

i loved that the locations weren't blocked and he could work to customize the stops he chose. Once this was solid, moving into ones where there is blocking in addition to the strategy, he was ready and not frustrated. He saw is as just another step in the complexity, or rather another version of complexity.

WIN-WIN in my book. I always feel a tiny bit bad responding to peoples game requests immediately with one, only because they would come back saying, that game looks awesome but its out of print.

so PLEASE SELL WELL lovely orange game. I NEEDS THE EXPANSION something fierce.

Heck if you need a 9ish year old play tester, just let us know. munchkin would be all over that.


This is what makes games worth the making! Thank you so much for sharing.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So any news on when we can expect the reprint?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trae Lenox
United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this game every going to be available for purchase from a retailer? Been waiting for over a year to see this game released...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.