Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Abromaitis
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So it's about time I move to full ASL. Last week I unscrewed the Starter Kit training wheels, and we got a VASL game going of AP08. We rolled for sides and I got the SS. I had to essentially destroy my opponent's Polish in the town. Fields of grain dominated the battlefield and it was a learning experience for both of us!

Here's the Polish setup hoping to hold off my Germans.

The SS work their way into positions...

The SS and the Poles trade shots. The Allied side from cover of trenches and the Germans from behind hedges and wood. Early on I snaked a shot to clear out the North Eastern most trench hex. A sign of my luck to come...

German advance continues in the South, shrugging off any Defensive fire. A squad in the North that broke under snakes is now destroyed. At this point we discussed that although the trenches in the grain made them hard to concentrate fire on, I could probably just bypass them and get to my objective. Things were going to plan...

Allied forces start to drop back a bit in the center of the board anticipating the German move around the tranches. A Polish squad goes berserk following an MC and decides they've had far too much of sitting in the trench and waiting for the enemy. (!) (Our first berserk by the way. We had a laugh!)

My SS attack along the defensive line and look to flush out or destroy any broken or vulnerable Pole in CC. The berserk unit is swarmed and will be assaulted. German advances are quite forward now by T4.

A fine shot from the concealed Pole in the town slow the advance slightly when my (so far over-performing) leader and a squad break. The Poles have to continue the rout as I keep fire on them, and as such, DMs. Here's the start of T5. Not too many unbroken defenders left...

All my broken fellas rally this turn and I start again forward from the North. Unfortunately, I'm absolutely gunned down approaching the town. As the SS troopers near the walled village, one squad takes casualties and breaks while the other ceases to exist at all! At least I kill the berserks in that trench who have held out until now. A fair amount of firepower is about to enter the town, but I only have 2 turns left...

Game to be finished tonight! (8/8/16) Will Report!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magister Ludi
Australia
Fremantle
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Roll low!
badge
You are a paradox to me, a contradiction You're a predicament for me, and a prediction
mbmbmbmbmb
Suggest you increase your image size to medium to make the pics easier to see...

[imageid=xxxxxxmedium]

good scenario!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Abromaitis
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aussie550 wrote:
Suggest you increase your image size to medium to make the pics easier to see...

[imageid=xxxxxxmedium]

good scenario!

Genius! I had no idea! Thank you, sir!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Krause
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised the Polish MMG is not on Level 1 of the building in the walled compound! That wreaks all kind of havoc...

I'm playing my first full ASL game using this scenarios also, and it has been a blast so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Abromaitis
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alank wrote:
I'm surprised the Polish MMG is not on Level 1 of the building in the walled compound! That wreaks all kind of havoc...

I'm playing my first full ASL game using this scenarios also, and it has been a blast so far.

Yeeeeeaaaah.... We're newbs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
TomAbromaitis wrote:
alank wrote:

Spock: He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking.

This is where you learn! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Roundhill
United States
Lago Vista
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
TomAbromaitis wrote:
alank wrote:

Then I suggest playing it again or soloing it with the suggested placement of the Polish MMG. Learn why it was suggested, and you will start to see similar placements in other scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
Roundhill wrote:
TomAbromaitis wrote:
alank wrote:

Then I suggest playing it again or soloing it with the suggested placement of the Polish MMG. Learn why it was suggested, and you will start to see similar placements in other scenarios.

(Hint.. all that grain hindrance goes away)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Krause
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom, just as an FYI - I'm a newb as well. My opponent (Tom Arnold) placed it there, and I finally broke it way too late. I've got a few more turns to mount a last ditch charge, but things are looking grim for my German troops, as the Poles are well dug in.

If you see me on VASSAL sometime and want to play a game, lemme know!

Alan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.