Subject: First copies out into the wild rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few lucky folks got to buy one of 24 advanced copies of Blackwall Warrens this past weekend at GenCon.

Post your impressions here if you saw it, or indeed if you bought it and have cracked it open. The new printing partner for MCG has appeared to have knocked this one out of the park.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Lockport
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jealous! Can't wait to get mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Derksen
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
designer
armoredgear7.net
badge
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster dockingbay416.com/campaign
mbmbmbmbmb
I popped in the Megacon Games room when I arrived on Wednesday to have a look at the Shores and Blackwall boxes.

I was blown away.

The unboxing video the guys shared does not do the components justice. The glossy punchboard tokens are really nice. Everything they have learned from reworking Myth into 2.0 has been continued here and From a quick read, the module books are solid and interesting. The expansion rulebooks are also well done from what I could tell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Doran

Westland
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! I had no idea there were so few copies at GenCon and I was lucky enough to buy 1 of each.
Being very new to Myth, my wife bought me the 2.0 base and some extras for Father's day, I was looking for a way to really expand on a campaign experience with more deck building. These 2 sets did not disappoint! So much content. Due to work I have not had time to do anything but sleeve all the cards, read the documents and punch out the counters. This game has started me painting figures again after almost 10 years and it has been so much fun.

The Megacon people were great and fun to talk to. My daughter and I wandered up to the game room (125) before the exhibit hall opened and saw the Dark Frontier board. Very nice.

I actually went to GenCon prepared to spend my money on something else not knowing these would be there. I didn't hesitate a second when I saw them on the table. I called my wife and told her I had spent most of my GenCon allowance within minutes of walking in the hall and not on what I had intended to buy.

On our drive back home I opened the boxes like Christmas morning and couldn't stop smiling with every new item I pulled out. Figures, new heroes, tiles (desert and swamp), treasures (sets!!), quests and of course the skill cards. Very cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Salvato
United States
Melville
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sounds awesome, I just got into Myth as well. Did they have any idea of when they will be available retail?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say around the time backers receive their rewards. It's looking like this should be prior to the holidays, but no way to know for sure the way all of the port/customs shenanigans take place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the time some backers get angry when a product hits retail earlier then it's delivered to them.
While I can understand it I understand that a company holding back a produtch and having to pay for warehous-storage looses money.
The physical world is not as simple as the digital. DLC on steam-games are much easier to handle than boardgames with their actual shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.