Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Grossman
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just scored 115 last night in a 3 player game as Rusviet Patriotic. That's a pretty high score for me and well above my average.

How high have other people scored?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
140. devil

Detailed here: The Great Oil Raid
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my 13 year old twin daughters crushed her sister and I when she scored 106 with Polonia. My highest score I believe was 91 with Polonia in a 4 player game with my game group. Not exactly chart topping
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bettan
Canada
Cote St Luc
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my 11th game last night. Just before we started I made a comment how it will be a challenge to break 100, seeing that our top scores were in the 60s.

I guess that's all it took to finally hit 104 with Crimean Patriotic.

Anyone analyzing BGG stats to see which faction/boards yield the highest scores?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Essner
France
Nissa
FR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carnage994 wrote:

Anyone analyzing BGG stats to see which faction/boards yield the highest scores?

I don't, but you can find there Poll : Some game stats - 2 NEW POLLS some stats about winning factions, player mats, ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My personal record is 186... If I'm playing Rusviet or Crimea, I can usually expect a score between 90 and 120 unless Saxony or Polania really rush an endgame. If I end it, I go big.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kinney
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iswearihaveajob wrote:
My personal record is 186... If I'm playing Rusviet or Crimea, I can usually expect a score between 90 and 120 unless Saxony or Polania really rush an endgame. If I end it, I go big.

186!?!

Holy crap! I can't even conceive of that. The highest I've seen is 93. So twice that is beyond my brain power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bonez Conway
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I scored 104 in my second game and thought that was high (since the rule book says 75 is average). But 115, 140, 186! That's impressive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 8 games and lost every one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kinney
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bortmonkey wrote:
I've played 8 games and lost every one

I've played 5, lost every one and finished second 3 times...I hate that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd bet really high scores indicate bad opponents more than anything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Cockrell
United States
Corona
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iswearihaveajob wrote:

Was this a 2-player game score? My best score was 111 in a 2-player game because of the territory I could cover. I wonder what the highest possible score is that you can get in the game?

Assuming highest popularity...
6 stars * 5 = 30
17 territories * 4 = 76 (I think that is the best you can do if you had 8 workers + 4 mechs + character + 4 buildings ALL on different hexes)
(number of resources/2) * 3 = ??
9 points for bonus objective
+ whatever you earned during the game.

So the number is 115 + resources + game income

I have seen people who have crazy amounts of resources at the end of the game, but they weren't really doing well in anything else and never won based on that. Game income is definitely a variable especially with things like enlist bonuses. Somebody got a nice income engine going in one of our games and I think they ended with 30-40?? They didn't win either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
High scores are fun and all, but it is not only a function of ability. Number of turns is the biggest driver, and games with passive players are likely to take longer as they generate their 6th star through industry instead of combat.

I do, however enjoy the analysis. My personal best is 117. It would have been much lower except my 6th star took several turns after my 5th and allowed more time to accumulate wealth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rodzilla68 wrote:
iswearihaveajob wrote:

Was this a 2-player game score? My best score was 111 in a 2-player game because of the territory I could cover. I wonder what the highest possible score is that you can get in the game?

6 stars * 5 = 30
17 territories * 4 = 76 (I think that is the best you can do if you had 8 workers + 4 mechs + character + 4 buildings ALL on different hexes)

I have seen people who have crazy amounts of resources at the end of the game, but they weren't really doing well in anything else and never won based on that. Game income is definitely a variable especially with things like enlist bonuses. Somebody got a nice income engine going in one of our games and I think they ended with 30-40?? They didn't win either.

Game length is also variable, so you can do all those things and get plenty of resources if nobody is ending the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Hayden
United States
Amelia
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scored 122 tonight with Crimean Industrial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Morton
msg tools
I got 117 with Nords+Engineering in a four-player after chasing an objective that I was worried was a trap (3 structures + 7 popularity + 0 mechs). Tier 3 popularity, six stars, 25 coins, 11 hexes controlled, 6 resources, max structure bonus. Didn't quite beat the scores of the other players combined but it did beat second+third...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Kinney
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rodzilla68 wrote:
iswearihaveajob wrote:

6 stars * 5 = 30

So lots assume $40 for in game income, $115 you calculated, that would mean they'd need only 18 resources on the board. It's certainly doable but EVERYTHING needs to be perfect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Huss
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't get me wrong, I love going for high scores as much as the next guy, but in a game like this where winning is just as much about efficiency as it is about earning coins, wouldn't a lower winning score be more indicative of an efficient game? To some extent anyways. All of our games have ended with someone in the 60-80 coin range winning the game, not that we're any good at the game yet, but we can't be terrible anymore. I would love to see someone get over 100, but it just hasn't happened for us yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nima Rohani
msg tools
I agree. We should be discussing what are the lowest scores you have won with. In a game of efficiency, the lower your end game score the better imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grossman
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see what you guys are saying. I think it's interesting to see what other high scores people have managed to get. Of course, score also depends on what your opponents are doing and how experienced they are.

Lowest scores would also be an interesting question.

I've started this thread here for that:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1618769/whats-lowest-score-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Stock
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Rodzilla68 wrote:

17 territories * 4 = 76

You can claim here even two more, as when you have the factory, its worth 3 hexes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonocop wrote:
Rodzilla68 wrote:
iswearihaveajob wrote:

6 stars * 5 = 30

So lots assume $40 for in game income, $115 you calculated, that would mean they'd need only 18 resources on the board. It's certainly doable but EVERYTHING needs to be perfect.

It was 3 player against Polania and Nordic factions... and well neither had particularly strong openers and I was in my element as Rusviet. I don't think I had 17 territories, it was 15 IIRC including the factory. Not exactly max but very good spacing (Factory, +4 mechs,+8workers,+4structures = max of 19 btw). I spent my last 2 actions of the game spreading out workers for this very reason. I know I attacked with 2 mechs to end the game.

My in-game income was well above average, I had the Industrial Mat so I raked in 18 coins just from upgrading 6 times. I produced all 8 workers right away and didn't rush the Factory. After I got all 6 upgrades, I was severely over-producing to pay for the remaining stars considering they all cost only 1 or 2 resources each but I was making 8. So 2 things happened 1) I paid the 1 metal for 3 coins to do the mech-bonus even though I didn't need it 2) I started having an extremely unnecessary surplus of metal and food. I had 60 coins in the bank before end-game scoring. I remember this because I only had 3 20 coins in my bank just because I could.

30 for stars
60-ish for hexes
6-ish for structures
60 coins in the bank
=155->165

That leaves 20-30 points needed from resources, 14-20 resources on the board. Which seems like a lot, but I gotta say. I was dicking around a ton, and being really inefficient with my worker placement... but my opponents were in no real hurry to get 6 stars. We almost ran out of the realistic metal tokens, and I remember my objective was to have 9 food on the board, which I did AFTER I recruited everything. I don't think I could replicate that score ever again, mostly because I've never had the leisure of of 5-6 turns just to min-max my own score before going out and I never produce that many resources anyways.

I ended the game because I didn't really have anything else left to do, and they were floundering really hard. My wife was kind of upset with the thrashing and nearly swore off playing games with me ever again cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iswearihaveajob wrote:

I ended the game because I didn't really have anything else left to do, and they were floundering really hard. My wife was kind of upset with the thrashing and nearly swore off playing games with me ever again cry

That will teach you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Morton
msg tools
Neemz1844 wrote:
I agree. We should be discussing what are the lowest scores you have won with. In a game of efficiency, the lower your end game score the better imo.

I agree that highest-score isn't meaningful if you're just spending infinite time stocking up on resources, but I don't see how lowest score tells you anything either. They're both mostly a function of game length--and I would also guess that the lowest-score games are going to be ones with the most opportunistic combat, which I suppose could be considered efficient, but not from an engine-building point of view.

For a real measure of efficiency you'd be looking for (highest score / number of rounds in that game), I think. Unfortunate that there's no built-in round tracker in the game....I don't remember how many turns my 117 game went. (I believe I upgraded every produce action and took "build structure" twice after it was empty, so I think it was six produces, six bolsters, two or three trades...no, three or four because of my late-game mech, and...six move actions? one to the village, four hopping around tunnels to structure-bonus locations, one to move the one mech into combat. 21 or 22 rounds, then?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hall
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After losing my first game because Saxony combatted to an early ending (which, if I could remember the score, might have ranked as one of the low point total, as I don't think anyone was at 2nd tier popularity), I was pleased to win the second game at an even 100 when I didn't even place the last star- although that was actually low as I didn't realize I should have counted a lake in my territories.

Tonight, I came out with 141. I had topped the popularity chart, used my last turn to spread out and take the factory (the combat victory let me place my last star). The structure bonus was for having all structures in a line, which I accomplished even though it meant building my mine on a tunnel.

Both my wins have been with four players, so more room to spread out, and I think I also profited from having an expansion faction nearby that the other neighbor didn't do much with (Nords the first time, Crimea the second).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.