Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alvin Chen
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played my new copy from Gen Con a few times, and it's been quite fun. I learned the rules to demo the game, but I actually ended up showing off a different game elsewhere for most of the con.

I started reading through this forum and only just noticed that the new version must have quite a few changes from the Japanese original.

For one, the mouse knights used to be rescuing a helpless (pink) princess, but now they're rescuing a sacred golden cheese (which is an awesome, weighty metallic piece). The movement rules have also changed (e.g., no one-cost movement each turn).

I also noticed that the new rules list a variant but warn that it makes for a longer game. I've actually found the complete opposite, especially for two or three players. With two (who use a dummy third) and three players, you can figure out a distribution strategy for hiding the best cards, slowing down the game. The variant involves distributing only the cards drawn this turn, thus breaking that strategy.

In any case, I think my niece and nephew will love playing this game. It's like a pop-up book come to life!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
So is there a new version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Power Wong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it is the English version published by LudiCreations. And the variant has been mentioned in its rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.