Subject: Any news from Gen Con by chance? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Take it nothing to report from Gen Con, as usual for this left for dead game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFall
United States
Manhattan
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's too bad. The game had a really great start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing but they did have product. I was a le to pick up 2nd wave and heavy metal. Only missing war room. Also grabbed reme and an extra red baron promos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stokes
United States
Chatham
Illinois
flag msg tools
BoardGameGeek
badge
BoardGameGeek
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing new. But at least they are not divorcing it completely like Sedition Wars.

I am still holding out hope that we will see the Western Front, unless Asmodee North America buys them out first :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
talked to a Ninja Division rep on this and they pretty much said that the stuff that they had developed thus far is in fact "Dead in the Water"...

Lets maybe hope they revisit this in the future. nothings going to happen anytime soon im afraid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
mbmbmbmbmb
So Rivet Wars like any other board game is a commodity sold by a company. Just as GM AND Ford sell cars. When a company, no matter how wildly successful a product may have sold initially, sees sales plummet, a company simply won't continue to produce it. Good companies cut their loses and move on to something else that makes a profit. CMON is no exception. And honestly I'm glad of it as I'd like to see CMON hang around for a long time because I enjoy their games.

I own every piece of RW that was ever produced and I still enjoy playing and I will continue to enjoy playing even if another expansion never sees the light of day. Sure, I'll tire of it after awhile and it won't hit my table as often over time. But I feel like I have gotten my money's worth out of it so I have no complaints.

Sometimes I feel like we as board gamers feel that board game companies should love our favorite games as much as we do, but that's simply not the case. They are, at the end of the day, in the business to make a profit which is a very different motivation than us, the end user. We're in it for the fun and entertainment. Were it not for this dynamic, every game we play will some day carry the name Asmodee on the box. And I for one want to see the CMON's and Stonemeir's part of the board gaming landscape for a very long time to come.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mhutton wrote:
Nothing but they did have product. I was a le to pick up 2nd wave and heavy metal. Only missing war room. Also grabbed reme and an extra red baron promos.

Wow had no idea they still had them for sale. That would have been worth going to grab them, no way in hell I will pay the prices they want on ebay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lester Festertester
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
R.I.P Rivet Wars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
necroloid123 wrote:
R.I.P Rivet Wars.

Well put - So sad, and it hurts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.