Recommend
12 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Runewars Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Team Covenant Full Demo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Tharin
Switzerland
Dübendorf
Schweiz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOfmW-vTK74

Love what i'm seeing here!
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure about those trays. It's a good idea, but it seems to be a fine balancing act to get them to hold together well enough to move the units, yet easy enough to break apart as the unit takes damage. It didn't look particularly easy to do either thing in this video, although they may have been a bit cautious with the pieces to avoid damage.

Also, with so many dials, tokens, cards, and templates everywhere, it looks a bit busy and cluttered on the battlefield for my liking.

I think maybe I just prefer skirmish miniatures games, or slightly "zoomed out" war games like Battles of Westeros.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
navajas
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
it looks a bit busy and cluttered


Uhm. Fantasy Flight.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
navajas wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
it looks a bit busy and cluttered


Uhm. Fantasy Flight.


Ha. Yeah, I guess so. It was the fact all that clutter is right on the battlefield that made me notice it more. When you play other miniatures war games, you don't necessarily have stuff floating around on the table other than some dice and a tape measure (maybe a status token or two).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
navajas wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
it looks a bit busy and cluttered


Uhm. Fantasy Flight.


Ha. Yeah, I guess so. It was the fact all that clutter is right on the battlefield that made me notice it more. When you play other miniatures war games, you don't necessarily have stuff floating around on the table other than some dice and a tape measure (maybe a status token or two).


There's nothing saying you have to keep it on the table. By the cards would work just as well.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
InkSplat wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
navajas wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
it looks a bit busy and cluttered


Uhm. Fantasy Flight.


Ha. Yeah, I guess so. It was the fact all that clutter is right on the battlefield that made me notice it more. When you play other miniatures war games, you don't necessarily have stuff floating around on the table other than some dice and a tape measure (maybe a status token or two).


There's nothing saying you have to keep it on the table. By the cards would work just as well.


Sorry - I meant the fact all the clutter is over the battlefield in the video meant it was more noticeable how many tokens, cards, and dials there are for the game.

However, placing dials next to cards off to the side might not be possible. It depends on if there is enough cards for having units of different sizes (for example, if I decide to split my skeletons into three units, will there be three cards to identify each one)? Also, if you have multiple units of the same type in large games, keeping the dials off to the side might lead to confusion and accidental cheating. This may not be an issue in practice, just thoughts from watching the video.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason McFarland
United States
Shelton
Washington
flag msg tools
The demo is also on a much smaller table than what would normally be played on, so there'll be more clutter for that reason
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Presumably a larger table would simply be twice as many units (or more).

I thought the fiddliness with taking away the empty trays was a bit off-putting.

I like the idea of separate cards for each unit with tokens, etc., on the cards, but I presume only one card for each unit type will be included with the game, meaning color copies for personal use. And then you would still have the problem of identifying which cards represented which on-board unit (Armada and X-Wing uses numeric identifier chits).

I do wish it didn't look *so* cluttered. Seems that keeping the dials next to the units will be easiest, but keeping piles of tokens next to heroes and morale tokens next to units and then vigilance tokens (or whatever they are called) also next to the units . . . typical FFG, but wish they had a more elegant way to present the information . . .

I'm still in, though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.