Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Roberts
United States
Jonesborough
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
I'm going to Oxford for a conference and was looking at the bus stop from Heathrow on Google Maps and was surprised to see Thirsty Meeples appear. Surprised because I've seen the name mentioned a bunch on BGG but being from far away (U.S.A.) didn't ever focus on where exactly it was. Almost like seeing a celebrity at the grocery store.

Now I'm hoping to get to visit while I'm in the neighborhood. I figure if I have to get food somewhere I might as well patronize a board game cafe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Ibsen
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are there on a Tuesday you can join the open gaming night...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well worth a visit have a sausage roll and a million times better than when I was behind John Barrowman in the queue at my local Morrisons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Roberts
United States
Jonesborough
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
coolscribe wrote:

Rats, I would have been there for Tuesday night but my flight was cancelled so I arrive Wednesday morning and go straight to the conference.

Can a singleton show up on a non-open gaming night and find a game? Not sure if I'll be able to get anyone to come over with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Roberts
United States
Jonesborough
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Decar wrote:
Well worth a visit have a sausage roll and a million times better than when I was behind John Barrowman in the queue at my local Morrisons.

Thanks for the tip! Sounds exciting indeed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkroberts wrote:
coolscribe wrote:

Rats, I would have been there for Tuesday night but my flight was cancelled so I arrive Wednesday morning and go straight to the conference.

Can a singleton show up on a non-open gaming night and find a game? Not sure if I'll be able to get anyone to come over with me.

You might be able to, but it might be worth a post on the forums asking if anyone wants to join you. I used to live in Oxford and would happily have joined you, but have moved to the north now. It's worth noting that the cafe runs an X-Wing club on a wednesday night, with the back 3 or 4 tables being reserved for this - so if you're into that then they would more than happily have you join in. Hope you manage to get some good gaming in, TM is a wonderful place that I frequent as often as possible. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Roberts
United States
Jonesborough
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks, Peter!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.