Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/08/politics/republican-national-s...

Quote:
The letter acknowledges that many Americans "have doubts about Hillary Clinton, as do many of us."
"But Donald Trump is not the answer to America's daunting challenges and to this crucial election," it says.
In the new letter, the group warns Trump "lacks the temperament to be President."
"He is unable or unwilling to separate truth from falsehood. He does not encourage conflicting views. He lacks self-control and acts impetuously. He cannot tolerate personal criticism. He has alarmed our closest allies with his erratic behavior," the letter claims. "All of these are dangerous qualities in an individual who aspires to be President and Commander-in-Chief, with command of the U.S. nuclear arsenal."

It's so obvious to so many of us that this guy cannot be near the trigger button for nuclear weapons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeff brown wrote:
It's so obvious to so many of us that this guy cannot be near the trigger button for nuclear weapons.

So the old guard GOP war hawks oppose Trump ? I don't think that's such a bad thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeff brown wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/08/politics/republican-national-s...

Quote:
The letter acknowledges that many Americans "have doubts about Hillary Clinton, as do many of us."
"But Donald Trump is not the answer to America's daunting challenges and to this crucial election," it says.
In the new letter, the group warns Trump "lacks the temperament to be President."
"He is unable or unwilling to separate truth from falsehood. He does not encourage conflicting views. He lacks self-control and acts impetuously. He cannot tolerate personal criticism. He has alarmed our closest allies with his erratic behavior," the letter claims. "All of these are dangerous qualities in an individual who aspires to be President and Commander-in-Chief, with command of the U.S. nuclear arsenal."

He shouldn't be near Twitter with his tiny, tiny hands, let alone the nuclear football.

On second thought, he needs to have his ragebargle message broadcast far and wide, in his own words. That way he can sink another 5 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Trump
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:

He shouldn't be near Twitter with his tiny, tiny hands, let alone the nuclear football.

First of all, and this is the most important point to be made... my hands are yuuuge. Let's be clear about that right up front. But my second point is that there is no reason I should not be given access to the nuclear football. I was given regular football, and I made three dollars off the deal. I figure if the football is made of uranium, I could make three times that. That's how to work a deal. That's how to be looking forward. I could balance the budget by selling the nuclear football.

I could do that, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walking on eggshells is not my style
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
The more the left-wing GOP establishment disparages him, the better for him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:

You believe that will get him voters that are currently on the fence?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
jmilum wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:

What fence?

Is that a Mexican joke?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
jmilum wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:

What fence?

Is that a Mexican joke?

No, I would have used 'wall' in that case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
jmilum wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
jmilum wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:

What fence?

Is that a Mexican joke?

No, I would have used 'wall' in that case.

In case you ever do make a joke, give us some warning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
In case you ever do make a joke, give us some warning.

Sure thing. Now back to the actual topic and your assertion. How does this help Trump? What group of voters would now be willing to vote for him that weren't already?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
Yup, these people represent the Republican establishment which is what Trump supporters are pissed off about right now. Trump should take this with pride and spin it to his advantage. Show how he is shaking things up and the powers that be are scared of him.

Well he seems to be doing the opposite now. He's pivoting back toward the establishment as illustrated by his new and revised tax plan. Will that hurt him with his supporters?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bimmy Jim
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
galad2003 wrote:
Yup, these people represent the Republican establishment which is what Trump supporters are pissed off about right now. Trump should take this with pride and spin it to his advantage. Show how he is shaking things up and the powers that be are scared of him.

Well he seems to be doing the opposite now. He's pivoting back toward the establishment as illustrated by his new and revised tax plan. Will that hurt him with his supporters?

Honestly, he could do pretty much anything and not lose his core supporters.

Problem is, he continues to lose those who are undecided.. honestly I can't see how he wins the election, unless some julian assange shenanegins goes down
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BimmyJim wrote:
jmilum wrote:
galad2003 wrote:

Problem is, he continues to lose those who are undecided.. honestly I can't see how he wins the election, unless some julian assange shenanegins goes down
Given how his stated polices are so at odds with what many of them claim to be their core issues, yes I think he can say whatever he wants. They are not interested in what his polices are beyond the ones they constantly tell us are not their real core issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SC just started polling blue.

If this is "shaking things up", it's succeeding more than I could've ever dreamed in my masturbatory liberal, liberal fantasies.

He could punch a pastor.
Or his RICO trial date could be moved up.
He could say approving things about Hitler.
Anonymous could release his tax returns and there'd be a whole nest of mob connections in there. Or at least funny line items for hookers and blow.

I'm starting to dream big, and the great, wonderful thing about this skid mark of a candidate is that none of this is outside the realm of possibility. Well, maybe except the pastor incident. But you never know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BimmyJim wrote:
jmilum wrote:
galad2003 wrote:

What impact would Julian Assange raping an underage girl have on the United States election for president?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Seguin
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:

If this is "shaking things up", it's succeeding more than I could've ever dreamed in my masturbatory liberal, liberal fantasies.

He could punch a pastor.
Anonymous could release his tax returns and there'd be a whole nest of mob connections in there. Or at least funny line items for hookers and blow.

I'm starting to dream big, and the great, wonderful thing about this skid mark of a candidate is that none of this is outside the realm of possibility. Well, maybe except the pastor incident. But you never know.

Oh good Lord, the world really is coming to an end if SC turns blue!

As I stated in another thread, why is it when the Democrats give us the least electable candidate ever in the history of the Democratic party, the angry racist white men hijack the GOP and present to us an even LESS DESIRABLE least electable candidate ever!?!

Fuck everyone that voted for Trump in the primaries! I hate you all - all of you - because now, no matter who I vote for, I am stuck with Queen Cankles and her fucking tax-raising, 8 liberal SCOTUS judge nominating, national secrets leaking, totally obnoxious fucking-up of this country!

Fuck you, Trump supporters! Fuck you! And fuck you GOP for letting this happen because you failed to do your job! This is just a big fucking joke pulled by the biggest fucking liar ever, in the entire fucking history of politics!

Fucking assholes!

And no, I am still not voting for Hillary! Fuck her, too! But not as much as Trump voters that rigged the primaries - a double fuck you goes out to them!

(I sincerely apologize for my vulgarity-laced ranting, but I am just so pissed off right now because today I have come to the stark realization that NO MATTER WHAT I DO, Hillary will become President and there is not one damn thing I can do about it. So I got mad. Really mad. And I will probably stay mad until November 8th, then I will think about board games and play some board games to take my mind off of Queen Cankles and her impending destruction of the country.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Preisach
United States
East McKeesport
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:
bbenston wrote:

He could punch a pastor.

As I stated in another thread, why is it when the Democrats give us the least electable candidate ever in the history of the Democratic party, the angry racist white men hijack the GOP and present to us an even LESS DESIRABLE least electable candidate ever!?!

Fuck everyone that voted for Trump in the primaries! I hate you all - all of you - because now, no matter who I vote for, I am stuck with Queen Cankles and her fucking tax-raising, 8 liberal SCOTUS judge nominating, national secrets leaking, totally obnoxious fucking-up of this country!

Fuck you, Trump supporters! Fuck you! And fuck you GOP for letting this happen because you failed to do your job! This is just a big fucking joke pulled by the biggest fucking liar ever, in the entire fucking history of politics!

Fucking assholes!

And no, I am still not voting for Hillary! Fuck her, too! But not as much as Trump voters that rigged the primaries - a double fuck you goes out to them!

(I sincerely apologize for my vulgarity-laced ranting, but I am just so pissed off right now because today I have come to the stark realization that NO MATTER WHAT I DO, Hillary will become President and there is not one damn thing I can do about it. So I got mad. Really mad. And I will probably stay mad until November 8th, then I will think about board games and play some board games to take my mind off of Queen Cankles and her impending destruction of the country.)

I don't think hijack means what you think it means. The racist, angry, and old white guys have always been there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edgerunner76 wrote:
chrisnd wrote:
bbenston wrote:

He could punch a pastor.

Fucking assholes!

I don't think hijack means what you think it means. The racist, angry, and old white guys have always been there.
It's just that now they think they can take of the mask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:
bbenston wrote:

He could punch a pastor.

Fucking assholes!

Unfortunately the damage to the GOP wrought by Trump will not be going away anytime soon. His rather successful attempt to reform the GOP into a White Nationalist Party is a stench that will stick with them for decades. Its not like the GOP can go to the African American, or Latino electorate after this and say "just kidding".

The sad this is that the GOP had a roadmap on how to counter this. The tragic state they find themselves in is exemplified by the fact the the main author of this has now left the party saying she could not support what they became.

And direct some of your anger for the Party leaders who are going along with The Donald. Ryan and McConnell are equally complicit with their continued support of him
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisnd wrote:

Anger's better than denial, anyway. By the looks of things in RSP, there's a lot of switching back and forth between anger and denial.

Yeah, so go ahead and swear all you want. I certainly do, and I definitely recommend it.

Not voting for Hillary is totally fine, too. I get it. Besides, Ohio's pretty solid blue anyway. (Sorry.)

But yeah. Checkmate. The primaries weren't rigged, though -- Trump won them fair and square with a bare plurality, probably by appealing to a voter base that's seen nothing get done on its core issues -- that the Republican power base in Congress, for the most part, couldn't do anything about. ("Couldn't" is an important word here.)

As to Hillary, meh. We'll probably agree to disagree on her USSC Supreme Court appointments, but I have to think on this: if conservative media crank up on her the way they did on Obama, it'll mean a few things --

1) It won't be as bad as they think (given all the shit that's been thrown, a lot of it is still shit)
2) In some cases, it'll act as a check on her executive power (i.e. there are some legitimate issues I'd want conservative media to be there for)
3) If they get too crazy with it, they'll make it easy for her. Way easy. Obama's two presidential campaigns are the example here.

So yeah. There isn't a damn thing you can do about it, but there are ways forward. Hillzbot isn't the candidate I wanted either, but dodging the Trump bullet is good enough in this day and age.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Much as I think he would've been better than Nixon, McGovern was probably the least electable candidate the Democratic Party has ever put up, or Mondale in '84.

Because I'm a pedantic asshole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:
Much as I think he would've been better than Nixon, McGovern was probably the least electable candidate the Democratic Party has ever put up, or Mondale in '84.

You are letting the taint of his scandal color his presidency. China alone put him ahead of anything McGovern could have accomplished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
bbenston wrote:

You are letting the taint of his scandal color his presidency. China alone put him ahead of anything McGovern could have accomplished.

Now that we're solidly into what-if alternate history bullshit, I do credit that communist sympathizer from Whittier with the creation of the EPA and a fair number of social welfare enhancements.

However, McGovern would've done better by the Vietnam War and would've made a lot less direct appeals to racism. Well, and the whole Pentagon Papers/enemies list/Watergate thing. Of course it tainted his presidency -- there's no way around that.

Taint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
bbenston wrote:

Dude, one word:

Dukakis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:

There is a difference between being scared of losing power, being tossed out of office and being scared of seeing the world's first full on thermonuclear war started by someone who's thinskinned, incompetent, and apparently doesn't really understand the severity of using nuclear weapons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.