Popular Tags: [View All]
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When Body Snatchers or Teleportation Beam take cards from other decks, do they get discarded to the original owner's discard piles, or are they kept for the duration of the game, and do special cards keep their assault/defense abilities when used by a different player than the original owner?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
They are discarded to your discard pile until the current game ends.
Yes, you do get to take advantage of the assault/defense text even though it isn't one of your cards.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jighm Brown
United States
Rossville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the rulebook stated that they are kept for the duration of the current game. (Page 9 - Changing Control)

I will change that in my rulebook if need be, Matt. Being from Cryptozoic, you would know how it should be and I will go by your word on it here. Was the book a misprint?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Jighm wrote:
I thought the rulebook stated that they are kept for the duration of the current game. (Page 9 - Changing Control)

I will change that in my rulebook if need be, Matt. Being from Cryptozoic, you would know how it should be and I will go by your word on it here. Was the book a misprint?

Oh, I forgot all about that rule. Very few games allow you to discard other people's cards into your own discard pile, so I totally forgot that it was spelled out the other way. Editing the above to avoid confusion...

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.