Subject: Some misc questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) This Yoke is Heavy - I've been assuming that this does 1 damage though it does not say so. It does show that being done to a minion which would be misleading if it doesn't damage a minion. Is this the case?

2) Blade Dance - This card always a single counterattack due to the built in rage right? It doesn't require a card does it?

3) Riding the Edge - If there are only 2 enemies to hit, can you still dash 3 (say to get 1 square further)?

4) The easy way - if you just shuffled and do not have a discard deck, is this card even useable?

5) Disengage - If you use this card and move far enough away to be out of melee or ranged attack range, can further attacks hit you?

6) Last Rites - I know you don't have to be at the spot of the black circle and you don't need LOS, BUT can you pick the orientation of the cross (where the 1, 2, 3, and 4 are)?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Caveat in that I don't play the soldier often and don't have the cards with me,..... But I think these are the answers that you're looking for:

1) no damage,... Just knocked down (prone)

2) yes. Any card that has a keyword counts for the use of itself. So one guaranteed counter attack,.... More if you play more rage.

3) yes. As long as you have successfully hit all the targets along your path with a die of the appropriate TN, you can complete any and all Dash movement granted.

4) not useful for searching your discard pile (same goes for Retrieve and Pray), but you can still use the non combat action benefits of this card while it is in play.

5) this card is typically played after darkness models have moved, and before they attack. Most of the time, this enables you to get away and negate any attack effects: but you might move into range of another enemy that has yet to attack; or even move. You also might have some models that trigger abilities that grant an extra activation,.... Thereby letting them hit you after playing this card.

6) yes, you may orient it as you wish. This also applies to many other cards such as The Earth Crumbles, Flames of Gia, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If number 1 is true, it seems like the first card to replace with an advanced one. I can see how knocking down a big enemy could be useful, but not enough to justify. Admittedly I'm a beginner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget though, that "This Yoke is Heavy" is a reaction card. So you could play "Riding the Edge" (action), end your move next to a captain enemy and then still play "This Yoke is Heavy" and knock him prone! I find it a very handy card. It can also be useful when you attack a Captain, have a particularly bad die roll d10-1d10-1d10-1 and fail to take him out. You can at least knock him on his butt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also keep in mind for "The Easy Way", that the bonus to NCA rolls can be really helpful when you need the Soldier to deal with disarming a trap! In a few games I have played, he was the first hero to manage to move adjacent to a trap on the board. Having "The Easy Way" really helped! Of course if you don't have any cards currently in your discard pile, bummer...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kelly
msg tools
Firstly I am assuming you are referring to v2.0 rules and cards

1) As mentioned - no damage. It costs Zero AP, it is a reaction, it potentially stops one monster hitting you (assuming you hit and it is not immune to being Prone), it has the Rage keyword, seems pretty good

2) There is no built in Rage with Blade Dance, so no it is not always one attack back. Just because it says "...for each Rage card played" does not mean it grants the keyword, that is just telling you which keyword triggers the effect.

3) Correct

4) As noted just the NCA part would work

5) Only if, as has been stated, you move into range of another creature, but assuming you wait until all monsters have moved then it will be a matter of your movement and not theirs that effects whether anyone else can attack you because all movement is done in the prescribed order, then after everything has moved, attacks are done(Page 15 of the rulebook)

6) You can pick were No 1 is only, then you go round clockwise from that start point. You cannot for example have No. 2 directly opposite to No. 1, it must be the next square around clockwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Khali wrote:
Firstly I am assuming you are referring to v2.0 rules and cards
2) There is no built in Rage with Blade Dance, so no it is not always one attack back. Just because it says "...for each Rage card played" does not mean it grants the keyword, that is just telling you which keyword triggers the effect.

6) You can pick were No 1 is only, then you go round clockwise from that start point. You cannot for example have No. 2 directly opposite to No. 1, it must be the next square around clockwise.

Yes I am talking about v2.0. Since you disagree with the previous poster on number 2, are you getting your answer from some official source, or are there just differences of opinion?

Also I'm not talking about moving the numbers, just setting which side of the target square T the 1 is on. The other numbers would then follow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kelly
msg tools
It is not that I disagree with the previous poster, just that I had the benefit of referencing the card to check if there was the Rage keyword on it, whereas the previous poster was presumably taking from your question which suggested that the keyword was present, I was pointing out that it was not is all.

For No 6 I was just trying to be clear and complete in my answer, and slightly misunderstanding the intent of the question
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do play some games where there are passionate arguments about every word on the card. I'll let you guess which ones. But in Myth, the company seems to put the players more in charge of this sort of thing so presumably there are a lot more different rules in place over the player base than there are for those other games.

I can see your argument for Blade Dance, but that interpretation, though quite plausible, doesn't seem right to me. The card should work by itself to do 1 counterattack. McG may not have intended that I admit, but that's the way I'm going to teach it, with an explanation of the possible alternate interpretation.

But hey, even if I ultimately come over to your point of view of this, and that is certainly possible, if there are no "less than perfect" cards, then what do you swap out when you swap in advanced ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.