Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Is this the revision of Mordred?

If we can get official confirmation, I can submit a BGG change to have this be shown as a reimplementation of Mordred.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
The black wind howls... One among you will shortly perish...
mb
It is, the publisher says so in the German language video posted on the game page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bienert
Germany
Gaimersheim
flag msg tools
publisher
Game's Up / Board Game Heroes
mbmbmbmb
Hello,

Mordred is indeed the inspiration for Arrival and the game adopts some similar mechanics.

The Arrival, however, offers also a lot of new things and has to be seen as completely new game.

You can call it reimplementation, if you like. Maybe I will ask Martin Wallace for his opinion...

Ralph (Game's Up)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tavares
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, from reading the brief description of the game, all I could think was "So this is just Mordred all over again?"

I'm sure there will be some twists to the mechanics, but the overall goal of the game seems to be just a re-theming of the Mordred game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bienert
Germany
Gaimersheim
flag msg tools
publisher
Game's Up / Board Game Heroes
mbmbmbmb
Hi

I really do not think so; there are common roots- but there is a point when a game becomes a new game, and this point has been reached with The Arrival.
Play it and judge again, if you like.

Best

Ralph
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.