BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » Netherlands

Subject: Looking for a small board game group in Amsterdam rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terence Shea
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Hey there,

I know about Amsterdice and one other open game group in Amsterdam.
But I'm not a big fan of big rooms with lots of people (because that tends to have the risk of being nosier), so I'm looking for a smaller group. About, I don't know, between 3 and 6 people?

I'm Dutch, English is not a problem.
I have roommates, so I cannot accomodate.
I like bigger games (like Arham Horror, Battlestar Galactica, Puerto Rico), or medium ones (Ticket to Ride, Machiavelli, Istanbul).

Anyone up for it? Or if you already have a small group, is there room for one more player? :-)

Greets,
Terence

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rue Sailmana
Netherlands
Zaandam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
mbmbmbmbmb
Cultes des Goules is a game group in Amsterdam that mostly plays at peoples homes in small groups. You just make an event for the game you want to play and the maximum ammount of players. If - as in your case - you don't want to play at your own house, you can always ask others to host. You can find them here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/sccultesdesgoules/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Shea
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Thanks!
I've requested to join the group on Facebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Doctor
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The venue that Amsterdice uses is surprisingly not very noisy.
I'm not sure why, but evnthough it is a large sportscafe the noise level is not high at all.

I'm also very bad at enjoying a game in noisy environments (though I have no problems explaining them in the same circumstances ;) ), but Amsterdice just seems to work, somehow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Shea
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Thanks, I'll give it a try :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steel Whisper
Netherlands
Weesp
NH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should really check out Amsterdice, it's really laid back no nonsense with awesome people. But while that is on summer hiatus some of us get together next friday at Friends & Foes a brand new gam store on Van der Woustraat. You should join the FB page to see what else they organize.

See you Friday perhaps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Metäl Warrior
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I went to Amsterdam Board Game Group meetup at Robin Food in Oud West a few weeks back. The venue is quite crowded, and things get really loud due to poor acoustics (echo) and somewhat small room for such a big group of 10-15 people at any given time. I had real trouble hearing some of the more soft-spoken players.

Otherwise excellent and fun group, and there were three or four games going on at any given time. I played Puerto Rico and Coloretto, and others were playing a train track building game and some pretty hardcore deckbuilder with vampires.

They serve food and refreshments there as well for very reasonable prices. I'll probably go back just for the crowd, very welcoming folks! They play every Sunday afternoon, I believe.

I don't use FB, is there another way in to Amsterdice and Cultes des Ghoules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Shea
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I have a game night this Friday, so I won't be at Amsterdice. But I'll check it out.

I also found out about Robin Food, but feared that would be as you describe it. So that one goes to the bottom of the options list for me :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christiaan Meijer
Netherlands
Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Though you already found us,..for all the others still looking and not wanting big rooms full random people, but prefer smaller groups (between 2-12) than definitely check out SC Cultes des Goules.

We are a closed/private group but open to new members, apply inside,...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Shea
Netherlands
flag msg tools
SteelWhisper wrote:
You should really check out Amsterdice, it's really laid back no nonsense with awesome people. But while that is on summer hiatus some of us get together next friday at Friends & Foes a brand new gam store on Van der Woustraat. You should join the FB page to see what else they organize.

See you Friday perhaps?

Sorry, I seem to have overlooked your reply! I'm a regular F&F visitor by now. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.