Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was curious how many people chose each dining time. Any chance Jeff could post the actual numbers?

I picked late dining last year, and we had a small (but great!) group of 8-10 people; basically one table of BGGers. It sounds like the con will be significantly smaller this year, so I'm wondering if anyone else chose the late dining time. If not, I might have to actually interact with non-boardgamers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Krajewski
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We picked My Time dining. We figured with games, it would be nice to not have to worry about being done at a particular time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
We have around 37 on Main Dining and 9 on Late Dining. The rest are on "My Time".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathalie Beaudoin
msg tools
mb
What is the final count of people Jeff ?
We are 4 and will be on my time so we can finish games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathalie Beaudoin
msg tools
mb
Oh quick question

When we chose my time dining do we need to bring any special clothes in order to dine ?
I wasn't planning on anything very fancy .. would long pants and polo shirts be fine for guys and pants and blouse for women ?
And would that be needed for every night ??

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hadden
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Toot, toot!
badge
If all else fails...
mbmbmbmbmb
From the RCCL Web site:

Onboard Dress Code
Smart Casual: Ladies: Skirt or pants (no holes, rips or tears) with a blouse. Gentlemen: Pants (no holes, rips or tears) with a collared shirt.

Formal: Ladies: Cocktail dress or pantsuit. Gentlemen: Suit (black tie is optional)

Note: Swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurants or specialty restaurants. T-shirts, shorts and flip-flops are acceptable for lunch.

Reality:
1. Enforcement varies wildy
2. There will probably be two formal nights on this cruise
3. On smart casual nights I usually wear slacks/dockers and a polo shirt/open collared dress shirt/aloha shirt
4. On formal nights I haven't had any objection to a sport coat & tie instead of a true suit
5. There is usually a lot of leeway on the first night due to possible luggage delays
6. Add shorts to the above list of no-no's for men
7. You can always ditch the formal nights and eat in the buffet or other informal venue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
Maralie wrote:
What is the final count of people Jeff ?
We are 4 and will be on my time so we can finish games

Well it's _slightly_ premature to say final count (badges can still be purchased for another 5 days), but we're at 72 right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Betsy & Chuck Berry
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bootstrap wrote:
From the RCCL Web site:

Onboard Dress Code
Smart Casual: Ladies: Skirt or pants (no holes, rips or tears) with a blouse. Gentlemen: Pants (no holes, rips or tears) with a collared shirt.

Reality:
6. Add shorts to the above list of no-no's for men
7. You can always ditch the formal nights and eat in the buffet or other informal venue

Are shorts a no-no even for "Smart Casual" if we avoid the Formal Dinners? I think your answer will be "Yes, a no-no" but thought I'd double-check. Thank you for this very helpful response!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure shorts are a no-no for the Main Dining Room at dinner. Lunches may be more flexible.

That aside, if you don't want to go to the Main Dining Room for dinner, there are still TONS of options available for dinner. The Windjammer cafe is the buffet up on the upper decks, and has a lot of great options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner...and has no dress code of any sort. Also free-of-charge are the Jade Sushi (and Asian-fusion) restaurant, Sorrento's Pizza, and Café Promenade for an ever-changing variety of sandwiches and snacks (open all hours?). There should also be a sandwich/snack/pizza option up on the very top deck, poolside, that is stocked and open even into the night as well. And, if you really just want to stay in your room, there's always room service, which is also complimentary during normal hours (nominal charge between midnight and 5am).

Aside from the complimentary options, there are also quite a few premium/for-charge restaurants as well.

Having been on a couple Royal Caribbean cruises, I've always been very happy with the food and drink options. You shouldn't have any trouble staying well-fed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Betsy & Chuck Berry
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, Jon ... what wonderful rapid help. We really appreciate your advice, and owe you a play of your choice of games. Fair enough? I see we have a lot overlap in game interests ... Betsy and I have also played more Race for the Galaxy than any other game since we've been logging plays on BGG.

See you soon! -- Chuck (& Betsy)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.