Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When the apprentice takes his journeyman's exam, does it have to be the specialized apprentice or can it be any of your apprentices?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Kreisberg
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The rules read "an Apprentice" so to me that Means any Apprentice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Malz
Germany
Vechelde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Any of your apprentices can take the journeyman's exam.

Best regards
Stefan Malz

www.malz-spiele.de
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! I thought so but wanted to make sure as the new apprentice was more valuable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Juan Llanos
Spain
Alcala de Henares
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice to know, I discarded the apprentice who did the last task

That answers the question I came to ask
In the exam for master, if the last task is made by the master, you don't have to discard the master, just discard any other journeyman, wether is in your hand, faced down pile, or faced up pile, correct??

Besides, the cards that gives you points/money for having a determined amount of cards, regards to ALL cards, right? Including hand, faced up or faced down

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Malz
Germany
Vechelde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There seems to be a misunderstanding:

"Taking the Exam" is a normal action such as "Acquire Resources" or "Make a Dress"! If you want to have an Apprentice take the Journeyman's exam, you have to play that very Apprentice at a time when all required tasks are already fulfilled. That apprentice now performs the action "Take an Exam" instead of one of the other 6 possible actions. As a result, you 1) choose a Journeyman that comes onto your hand, 2) use the bonus action of the Apprentice one last time, and 3) discard the Apprentice.

The same applies to taking the Master's exam: You play a Journeyman who performs the action "Take the Exam", get a Master onto your hand, use the Journeyman's bonus action, and discard the Journeyman.

The exam is NOT done automatically once all tasks were performed - you have to explicitly play an Apprentice or Journeyman, respectively, and let them perform the action "Take the Exam" once all task were fulfilled in previous turns.

Best regards
Stefan Malz

www.malz-spiele.de
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Juan Llanos
Spain
Alcala de Henares
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
malzspiele wrote:

"Taking the Exam" is a normal action such as "Acquire Resources" or "Make a Dress"! If you want to have an Apprentice take the Journeyman's exam, you have to play that very Apprentice at a time when all required tasks are already fulfilled. That apprentice now performs the action "Take an Exam" instead of one of the other 6 possible actions. As a result, you 1) choose a Journeyman that comes onto your hand, 2) use the bonus action of the Apprentice one last time, and 3) discard the Apprentice.

The same applies to taking the Master's exam: You play a Journeyman who performs the action "Take the Exam", get a Master onto your hand, use the Journeyman's bonus action, and discard the Journeyman.

The exam is NOT done automatically once all tasks were performed - you have to explicitly play an Apprentice or Journeyman, respectively, and let them perform the action "Take the Exam" once all task were fulfilled in previous turns.

Best regards
Stefan Malz

www.malz-spiele.de

Ohhhh, that is totally different!!
I thought it was an automatic action.
That changes everything..... and makes a lot more sense in a thematic way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
malzspiele wrote:

Best regards
Stefan Malz

www.malz-spiele.de

That's how I've been playing it- good to know I interpreted the rules correctly!

Have I mentioned that I really appreciate that you take the time to come on here and give the definitive word on questions for your games? That's really nice of you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Malz
Germany
Vechelde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wren08 wrote:
I really appreciate that you take the time to come on here and give the definitive word on questions for your games

You're welcome. I'm glad if you like playing Rococo as much as we do!

Best regards
Stefan Malz

www.malz-spiele.de
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.