$5.00
$20.00
$15.00
$30.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Mystic Vale» Forums » General

Subject: Will I need all 100 card sleeves that come with the game ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Hall
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just asking because I borrowed 5 for Bloodborne boss cards and I haven't gotten Mystic Vale to the table yet
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game comes with 20 extra sleeves in case on breaks, etc.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There's not enough to sleeve the Vale cards - huge miss and big pain as the cards are pretty low quality - so you really only need 80. Go for it!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Johnson
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VintageBullet wrote:
Just asking because I borrowed 5 for Bloodborne boss cards and I haven't gotten Mystic Vale to the table yet


I've had several sleeve break, so yes you'll eventually need all 100.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kennyj wrote:
VintageBullet wrote:
Just asking because I borrowed 5 for Bloodborne boss cards and I haven't gotten Mystic Vale to the table yet


I've had several sleeve break, so yes you'll eventually need all 100.

Oh dear, that's worrying to hear.

How many plays did it take to start having sleeves break?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Aldridge
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My personal copy has had about 10 plays so far and I haven't had any issues with the sleeves. By Sunday, the demo copies at GenCon were having some issues, but when time is of the essence, people may not have been as careful with them. (I was also peeling the films off of cards left and right Sunday.) All in all, they seem to be decent quality to me, and they are a standard size so it shouldn't be difficult to obtain some more if needed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
lonadar wrote:
My personal copy has had about 10 plays so far and I haven't had any issues with the sleeves. By Sunday, the demo copies at GenCon were having some issues, but when time is of the essence, people may not have been as careful with them. (I was also peeling the films off of cards left and right Sunday.) All in all, they seem to be decent quality to me, and they are a standard size so it shouldn't be difficult to obtain some more if needed.


I have just bought some from Ultra Pro to sleeve my Vales, so you can. They're not easy to find in France, though. Although the holo-foil stamp is a pain here.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Bunn
United States
Oakland
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't the holo stamp on just one side, so you could always sleeve with the holo on the back of the card?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert Hui
United States
White Salmon
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Isn't the holo stamp on just one side, so you could always sleeve with the holo on the back of the card?


That's what I would think. Not sure how the holo on the back would affect any type of gameplay.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.