Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Kegg
United States
Batavia
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New Player Note: Please remember that you get an extra card when you expose another player's alien and draw 4 cards (not 3) during the escape phase if your alien is exposed while on the launch pad level. We got into a bit of an endless loop during our first play because we were not drawing enough cards to increase the odds of someone meeting all three needed conditions for victory (oops). Instead, we kept exposing each other's aliens while two of us sat on the Launch Pad. Looking forward to playing again this week, now that we understand the error of our ways. A delightful, in-your-face battle to escape a doomed prison planet while leaving your fellow inmates tragically behind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnston
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Bigkegg wrote:
New Player Note: Please remember that you get an extra card when you expose another player's alien and draw 4 cards (not 3) during the escape phase if your alien is exposed while on the launch pad level. We got into a bit of an endless loop during our first play because we were not drawing enough cards to increase the odds of someone meeting all three needed conditions for victory (oops). Instead, we kept exposing each other's aliens while two of us sat on the Launch Pad. Looking forward to playing again this week, now that we understand the error of our ways. A delightful, in-your-face battle to escape a doomed prison planet while leaving your fellow inmates tragically behind.

David,
Thanks so much for helping teach your fellow gamers. I appreciate you re-looking over the rule book--you have it exactly right above in your summary. There will be more "How to Play" videos out soon that will foot stomp these points (I know I do when I teach the game). They'll be ready before the formal release in October. You're on the cutting edge--less than 100 people have a copy between now and then!

It seems like the game play was more enjoyable once you squared that away. I only dispute one point from above--you gleefully leave your opponents behind, no tragedies!!!

Sincerely,
Jeff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kegg
United States
Batavia
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicely said, Jeff, and terrific and unique game, I must say - a real hit with my game night crowd... I had no idea we were one of the lucky few to snag a copy at GenCon. We will happily continue to spread the word.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnston
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Bigkegg wrote:
Nicely said, Jeff, and terrific and unique game, I must say - a real hit with my game night crowd... I had no idea we were one of the lucky few to snag a copy at GenCon. We will happily continue to spread the word.

That'd be fantastic if you could help. This is still a grass roots campaign, and although the publisher plans on changing that between now and Oct, it's so hard to get noticed amongst all the big titles out there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rio Wibowo
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigkegg wrote:

Oh 4 cards? Is that a misprint in the rule book?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnston
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
brasilcaps wrote:
Bigkegg wrote:

Oh 4 cards? Is that a misprint in the rule book?

No. The terrain effect of the Launch Pad space is draw four instead of three cards in the Escape phase. Other spaces it is three cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.