Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Zaccardi
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I did some searching in the forum but didn't come up with a hit on what I am looking for so forgive if this has been posted in the past.

The Empire has the Rebels cornered on a system which has a revealed Rebel Base. The probe card is face up on the system. Combat is only occurring on the surface, the rebel fleet has been destroyed during the space combat sequence. The rebels can play an Escape Plan tactics card to retreat the remaining ground units. Question: If the Rebel player plays this card, will they automatically lose the game because the Rebel Base system is then solely occupied by Imperial units? Or, does the Rebel Base move along with the retreating units?

Thanks for any insight!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric C
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Rebel player immediately loses. The Empire has to have an Imperial unit in the Rebel base space with no Rebel units to win. It is never a good idea for the Rebel player to retreat from a fight at the Rebel base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zaccardi
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Eric!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are on your rebel base then this is a terrible idea.

I do wonder about this card if it allows a 2nd retreat,
also does it make your leader come with you.
Also does it negate the No retreat card.
The way I see it the answers are:
no,yes,no
Perhaps Ill open a new thread if it doesnt get answered.

sorry for jumping on your thread, but i think your question has been answered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daravon wrote:
The Rebel player immediately loses. The Empire has to have an Imperial unit in the Rebel base space with no Rebel units to win. It is never a good idea for the Rebel player to retreat from a fight at the Rebel base.

With the possible exception of space forces only, when you're much more likely to win on the ground than in space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.