Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate Parker
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if this game is the same game as Shadowrun: Hostile Takeover (which is also from Catalyst)? I don't know much about Encounters and certainly not much beyond what the blog presents, and we haven't seen anything from Catalyst about Hostile Takeover since 2014.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the publisher descriptions, even if they are old, it seems fair to assume they are different games.

Encounters is a push your luck dice game for 1-8. Quick playing and easy to learn.
Hostile takeover appears to be a much more in depth game for 3-6 players. There are hints in the description about euro style gameplay.

The main thing I can see after getting into a few Catylst games is they are very protective of information on new games until they are, in many cases, complete, printed and have a street date.
What the end products turn out to be is anyone's guess but I'm sure we will see more Shadowrun spinoff games. I'm sill excited for more Crossfire content
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Woods
United States
Fayetteville
Arkansas
flag msg tools
They've said officially that Encounters: Shadowrun is based on their earlier game Encounters: Bravest Warriors. I haven't seen anything about Hostile Takeover in the official releases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on the description of Hostile Takeover on the provided link, Encounters is definitely not the same concept.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe S
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Right, they are different. This is just one of the ones that wasn't talk about originally. [IE: Hostile Takeover (Board Game), Sprawl Gangers (Tabletop) and Crossfire (Card Game)]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.