6 Posts

T.I.M.E Stories» Forums » Rules

Subject: Required to Move After Test is Complete? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B L
United States
flag msg tools
After a test is completed within a given location, that card is permanently removed from the current run. Does this mean a character on a test location needs to move on the next TU if they have completed the test or is it possible for them to stay on the empty space and do nothing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's OK for agents to keep selecting the empty space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't say we've ever seen a rule ref, but we use
those locations as safe zones to perform item/ability
tests without worrying about other location tests,

Walts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
blang86 wrote:
After a test is completed within a given location, that card is permanently removed from the current run. Does this mean a character on a test location needs to move on the next TU if they have completed the test or is it possible for them to stay on the empty space and do nothing?

Is that a rule? I looked in the rules and it seems a card is only removed after a test where you defeat an opponent (pg 12). So I don't think cards are removed after most tests.

Anyway, even if the card is removed, I agree you can spend your time to "do nothing" on that space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B L
United States
flag msg tools
I'll double check the specifics, but it looks like the consensus is you can stay on the newly open spot. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cali _Gozer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I agree that you can stay on the space of a removed card. I've only just started to play this game, but my interpretation of the rules is the same, that only when an opponent is defeated is the card removed from a run.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
It would make sense as if you visit a location and the test rewards you with something, it's not like that item can be rewarded again, so you keep the card in the location to preserve the artwork.

End of a test
The passage of a test takes place TU by TU until:
- You complete it (by eliminating its last shield); or,
- You decide to leave the space (if you’re allowed); or, - You die (by losing your last Life Point)

Defeating an opponent
When you eliminate an opponent’s last shield, it is defeated and its card is removed from the game until a possible next run. (Place its card next to the board so that you can easily nd it for the next run.) If you later come back to this same location on the current run, the enemy will no longer be there. Note that from this point on, the panorama will be visually incomplete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.