Reconquista» Forums » Rules

Subject: Where to Place Garrisons and Armies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Palmer
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
From reading the rules, I understand that armies and garrisons, when purchased are put in cities or fort the player controls. Here is my question. Suppose my army wipes out a Moslem or other force in a city and/or fort during battle and then I stop rather than move on. Should my force be put inside or outside the city/fort? Is it my choice? I f I besiege a city and win, but the city survives, do my troops occupy the city or are they placed in the area outside the city?
I am feeling very comfortable with the rules, and my speed of play is increasing, but these are two nagging questions. Am enjoying Reconquista greatly, but want to be sure I'm doing everything right before writing a session report.

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
West Ward Hough
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the rules in front of me to reference, so apologies for that, but if your forces are the only ones in the same space as a city/fort, you are always considered as occupying that city/fort if opposing forces move into the space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Palmer
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Thank you. Would I assume that the same thing holds true for Muslim forces? If I move to an area, all Muslim forces are in the fort/City, and depending on what forces are present, either a battle or siege will ensue.
Is that correct?

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
West Ward Hough
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that is correct.

I think about it as the Moslem forces coming out of the city for a battle if they can field at least an Army + 1 (and retreating back to the city if defeated but not destroyed), but remaining behind their walls if there are only Garrisons, or a solitary Army.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Palmer
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Thanks very much. When I was thinking about the rules for battle and sieges, I was thinking along the same lines. Your clarification is the last thing I needed to feel that I have this game all down pat after having had a few things wrong. Definitely looking forward to my next play of this excellent title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kershaw
Ireland
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
WARGAME!
badge
Lines of Battle: Quatre Bras 1815. Brunswick hussar.
mbmbmbmbmb
All sounds good to me, but I'm on holiday in Italy and a bit drunk!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kerpob2 wrote:
I'm on holiday in Italy and a bit drunk!

Have some limoncello while you are in Italy - that stuff is great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.