New Salem» Forums » General

Subject: Backgrounds, please! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Does anyone know what the backgrounds for the characters might be? I think it'd add more depth to their characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Skancke
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question! You can definitely look at these characters and see that they've got a history.

We didn't actually write back stories for the characters, although we did assume that even each of the Puritans has some skeletons in their closet. I think they have used witchcraft as an excuse to flee Salem, but each has their own selfish motives (which are supported by the scoring mechanics).

If anyone wants to get creative and suggest some back stories, go right ahead. We'd like to do am expansion in the future if there's enough interest; maybe we'll write some back stories to include with the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davenport
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
skancke wrote:
Good question! You can definitely look at these characters and see that they've got a history.

We didn't actually write back stories for the characters, although we did assume that even each of the Puritans has some skeletons in their closet. I think they have used witchcraft as an excuse to flee Salem, but each has their own selfish motives (which are supported by the scoring mechanics).

If anyone wants to get creative and suggest some back stories, go right ahead. We'd like to do am expansion in the future if there's enough interest; maybe we'll write some back stories to include with the expansion.

Heck, from what it seems, some might actually BE witches...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.