Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

What is the point of CC? You move into a hex and the following turn your enemy now has the chance to attack you using your flank DR.

I guess the benefit is to move into a hex with a spent unit with no CAPs left over.

Any other reason?

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Carey
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You may need to enter CC to capture a hex required for victory. Also, units generally cannot rally while in CC, so a unit with a hit counter may be vulnerable. At minimum, it cannot rally, and of course the hit counter may add extra penalties to its ability to fight back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Berg Asklev Hansen
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Close combat is also far preferable than adjacent if the enemy unit is a MG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonpfl wrote:
You move into a hex and the following turn your enemy now has the chance to attack you using your flank DR.

Note that in CC, a player attacks only 1 unit in the CC hex. So if you were to move more than one unit into the enemy hex, the enemy cannot attack all your units in CC before your next turn...

Quote:
I guess the benefit is to move into a hex with a spent unit with no CAPs left over.

That is definitely a useful CC tactic indeed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
jonpfl wrote:
You move into a hex and the following turn your enemy now has the chance to attack you using your flank DR.

Note that in CC, a player attacks only 1 unit in the CC hex. So if you were to move more than one unit into the enemy hex, the enemy cannot attack all your units in CC before your next turn...

Quote:

So, if you move two units in to attack one enemy unit, I assume you could group attack at that point?

Thx
jonpfl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonpfl wrote:
russ wrote:
jonpfl wrote:

Quote:

So, if you move two units in to attack one enemy unit, I assume you could group attack at that point?

Thx
jonpfl

That's correct. Your enemy could only attack one of your units, but you could respond with both units to attack theirs.

I think CoH treats close combat pretty realistically... if you have a bunch of guys holed up defensively pointing guns at you, running into close quarters with them with all your men is probably going to be a dangerous situation, unless you're outnumbering them, or catching them unawares while they deal with another threat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.