Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jono Naito
United States
Red Hook
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey everyone! I have been gone from the forums for a while, as life got in the way. But that doesn't mean my scenarios have been forgotten. I am proud to say I have made and printed four of them (The Last Kraken, Perfect, The Man From Siberia, and a new one, The Return of the Persephone), and they are in various types of editing, polishing, and playtesting.

Which brings me to my next point; I have not sent them out to anyone outside my local gaming community. This ended up being an explicit choice, as I held it off longer and longer because I wanted to deliver a good product. Now, at this point in the process, I have decided to go another way.

In the coming weeks I will be sending off the stories one by one to Space Cowboys for their enjoyment, while I continue to polish them here. The goal, now, is mainly visual; with difficulty, and the breath of the internet at my disposal, I have been trying to make the cards look as professional and perfect as possible, to the point that they look very much like the official stories. There are many good sites that can print custom cards and decks, so I have been making these files according to the templates from one such site. After Space Cowboys gets a look, and if down the line they don't pick them up (which is more than likely), I will immediately release the files and the recommended printing site where you can get them printed on demand for yourselves (no profit or anything to me), unless I hear otherwise about it.

Hopefully, the goal is to get finished, beautiful scenarios into your hands, rather than deliver you my half-baked goods now and let the project slowly dissapear in the future. Excitement about sharing what I have made gives me a lot of energy, and I want to hold onto it for as long as I can so that, in case I have to drop the project for goid, I can hit the release then and there. I know that I, like everyone else here, is addicted to the feeling of delving into a new story, and I hope it is worth the wait.

Anyway, thought an update would be good. If you want to discuss design ideas or the printing process, feel free to pester me. I am back on Earth now!

-Atsuuuuuu

Edit: The files will also be PnP, just like the rest, and available without having to message me or anything (none of that secrecy stuff). I would just like them to be done rather than 'in testing'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to post your information on the thread OVERVIEW: Scenarios / authors / countries.

Good luck with your submissions to Space Cowboys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Saari
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Looking forward to these. Good luck and thanks for your efforts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.