Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Great seeing this game demoed on the boardgamegeek live stream at GenCon2016!

The theme is hilarious, with the hydrant, butt-sniffing, and face-licking.

A few questions came to mind:

- does your dog have to face the opposite direction from the hydrant to pee on it, or is it enough to have your dog's bum adjacent to the hydrant? How many times can you score those points? Could you simply move back/forth?

- when butt-sniffing or being sniffed, can you sniff your own teammates? Can you sniff the same dog more than once?

So many questions, really need to see the rules ASAP! Can't wait for this to be available!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JC Dorais
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
Hi Ken,

Happy you liked the BGG coverage.

- Yes your dog needs to face the opposite of the fire hydrant to mark his territory. the bums needs to be in the opposite direction (six spots where you can make points). you can go back and forth, but keep in mind that you will only make 1 point out of it.

- For butt sniffing, you can sniff any color dog. You will make points only on the turn you make the scoring move.

Complete rules here:
http://www.foxmind.com/media/140388/puppylove_rulesw.pdf

More info will be put on this game on the BGG page shortly.

It should be available around mid-October.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi JC,

I read through the rule book. I think one omission is the turn structure. I would make the assumption that players can only move one of their dogs one space per "turn". Small detail, and maybe it was obvious, but explicitly stating that each turn is "move one dog one space, then score if applicable" would help clarify.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.