Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Johnston
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hi, all. I got to play with the production copies of MoonQuake Escape for four straight days during Gen Con, doing both quick demos and full play throughs. With that much hands on time with the final components, I have these pointers to pass along on the board:

- The top piece, the Launch Pad, fits best in only one of the six possible ways. Figure out that spot please when assembling it! If you force it, it can stick and pull when you remove it later.
- The whole assembly has a little wiggle back and forth in it where the base meets the "molten core" piece (I like to think of it as an extra little MoonQuake on the board!). But, this might mean that the lowest ring "pipes" don't exactly line up with the pipes on the board. So, do this:
-- In the MoonQuake phase, always start aligning the pipes from the Launch Pad on down to the bottom ring.
-- After you've lined up the bottom ring with the second ring and the pipes on the board don't align to the bottom ring, simply grip the Launch Pad and twist the whole assembly slightly until the pipes on the board line up with the bottom ring. Good to go!
- Finally, the bottom ring may have one spot that rubs and grips the base slightly when moving it during the MoonQuake Phase, moving the whole base slightly. This will probably smooth out after use, but in the meantime, after moving this ring to align with the middle ring, grab the Launch Pad and line up the pipes on the board as outlined above.

You'll be tempted to use your finger to hold the base or press it to stop this slight wiggle. My advice, just let it wiggle a little and then line it up afterwards by twisting from the Launch Pad piece. You'll find the MoonQuake is very forgiving in this regard!

I hope this is helpful. If you have any other questions or tips about the board, add them here and let's discuss and share!

Sincerely,
Jeff Johnston
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.