Hide
9 Posts

The Others» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rule clarification for Sins player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eugene Hahn
msg tools
As a reaction, can you move a monster to a hero space and not attack? The reason is because there were two heroes and the sin player wanted to stack enemies for the next players turn vs the one he was reacting against.

Does using a sin card count as a reaction? I know you can use 1 card per turn and reaction, but many cards are used before a player even does anything. Can you just use a sin card and still keep your reaction tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sheahan
msg tools
Yes, you can move a monster to a hero space and not attack. The wording in the rulebook is that the sin player 'may' start a fight. You can just stack up monsters if you wish.

Sin cards do not count as reactions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Hahn
msg tools
Thanks for the answers

Also as a hero, I'm assuming you always do fire and corruption checks before you're allowed to use city actions or pick up NPCs? For example, I can't run into a space with fire and grab the proxy before I could get hurt right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dolan
United States
Rockford
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I'd say you have to roll for Corruption and Fire before doing anything else; the rules state that it happens as the hero "moves into" or "moves out of" the space. To me, that implies that it basically takes place "between" the spaces, and thus before any interaction with the spaces is allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Shepherdson
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Booyakasha12349 wrote:
As a reaction, can you move a monster to a hero space and not attack?

As a reaction you can move a monster 2 spaces OR attack the current player. You cannot move and attack in a reaction

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oden Dee
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Just to clarify further:

The monster may move 1 or 2 spaces in any direction. Doesn't have to move towards current hero.

Say you chose to move a monster to a space not occupied by the current hero but you have another monster located with current hero, that monster may start a fight with current hero.

The movement rule is different for monsters responding to ranged fights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
edoardo Macucci
Italy
flag msg tools
Hello to everyone,
I'am new to this beautifull game, in the "story Board" the hero players can do "only" 2.a or 2.b? or they need to do both?
and if they can do only "a" or "b" who decide it?
thank you and sorry for my noob question

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Edik78 wrote:
Hello to everyone,
I'am new to this beautifull game, in the "story Board" the hero players can do "only" 2.a or 2.b? or they need to do both?
and if they can do only "a" or "b" who decide it?
thank you and sorry for my noob question

When they Heroes complete the first task, they then decide whether they will go for 2A or 2B. They only have to complete one of the two options, but they have to make that choice immediately upon completing task 1 and may not change their decision later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.