Popular Tags: [View All]
Cody Guindon
Canada
Elliot Lake
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished 2p conquest and we finished at level 4 on the third night. what scenarios offer a higer play level?

also, do rampaging enemies ever come back? I often look down at the board and its empty except for one monster i usually can not beat and im not sure what im supposed to do

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Full conquest with city level 6 provides the right balance for me. City levels too high and the game becomes too focused on the cities, and too low and you just walk over them without a challenge.

I don't have stats on average player level after the game, but level 4 is really really low. I'm sure you can reach 8-10 in a full conquest game that lasts 4-5 rounds.

There is a variant in the rules for returning rampaging enemies, but I have never used it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Guindon
Canada
Elliot Lake
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks actually i was level 5 my friend level 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We found our 2 player competitive sweet spot for full conquest is having 6 rounds to conquer 3 cities, 2 brown non-city tiles and with the cities of levels 5, 6 and 8. We always us the Column 3 map style.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Humulus Lupulus
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted a similar question, so I'll link to the replies there.
We've enjoyed both the scenarios suggested (Druid Nights, Mines Liberation) as alternatives and variety, but note that without the cities to conquer, certain spells that remove site fortifications lose a lot of their appeal.

We also find that adding one non-city core tile (with city levels at 8 or 9) seem to work well.

Edit: The link...
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1409822/adding-tiles-mo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Calhoun
msg tools
We play the full Co-op exactly as is, except we throw in the 4th city and also make it level 8. That way, each player can conquer a 5 and an 8. If a player is outperforming another, they generally have time to make it over to the last city and take 1 of the baddies off the other player's hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.