$20.00
Olaf Slomp
Netherlands
Moerkapelle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just ran into a surprising little baseball game on kickstarter that seems to be flying comoletely under the radar (doesn't even have a page here on BBG yet).
I would be very surprised if there weren't a lot more people interested than the couple of backers it has right now, and it has a very modest target funding.

I would like to help a little by drawing some attention to it here on BGG (even though I am not affaliated with the makers in any way) but don't want to violate any rules about posting "advertisements" on BGG.
(Have not included name or link to the kickstarter page for this reason in this post)
Is there a proper place for such a post?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know the official answer to your question.
I do know that posting kickstarter links is generally not okay (except in specific areas and under specific circumstances). I also know that some subforums or guilds (like the 1-player guild or the women's forum) have threads where people talk about games that are currently being crowdfunded, so just mentioning the name in a thematically appropriate forum or thread seems to be fine.

What's that baseball game called, by the way? I'd love to look it up and pass on the info to someone who I know is into baseball games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
See the first post in this thread for instructions:

Crowdfunding Announcements thread (Kickstarter, Indiegogo, etc)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olaf Slomp
Netherlands
Moerkapelle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marble911 wrote:
I don't know the official answer to your question.
I do know that posting kickstarter links is generally not okay (except in specific areas and under specific circumstances). I also know that some subforums or guilds (like the 1-player guild or the women's forum) have threads where people talk about games that are currently being crowdfunded, so just mentioning the name in a thematically appropriate forum or thread seems to be fine.

What's that baseball game called, by the way? I'd love to look it up and pass on the info to someone who I know is into baseball games.

It's called Dump the Ump
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starla Lester
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
http://www.meetup.com/Las-Cruces-Board-Gamers/
badge
I turned Old & Chaotic Evil Bob to Lawful Good (for a day...)
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also create the game page for it here on bgg.

In the bgg head bar, click on the "misc" dropdown tab, and under "add to database" click on "board game." Fill in the info, add some pics (with the publishers approval, and ta-dah! Dump the Ump will have a page!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.