Subject: Solo expereince rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
Hi, how are you?
I'm thinking in backing this on Kickstarter, but I will only be playing it solo. Does it worth buying for playing solo games only?

Best regards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kellett
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi ricardo,

It works well as a solo game, the AI is simple but effective. It's very much a race to see if you can shut down the best portals before the AI gets to them but you can play sneaky and use the stations special abilities to swap portals around to move the best ones to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Glowacz
Poland
Wrocław
Dolnośląskie
flag msg tools
designer
Nintendo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's more expansion have solo mode as well so backing base game + expansion you will have 2 solo variants
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solo is a puzzle of some kind. You race with "AI". You know what it will do in most cases and you must find a way to do bether. Pretty solid solo variant it is. So go ahead and you will get wonderfull game playable with 1+ players. Simple in rules, but it requires a little bit of brainburning during gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Barnhouse
United Kingdom
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What Paul said +1 :-)

The game really opens up with 2+ players, but is good fun solo. It's currently my favourite small-box solo game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks everyone!

The first time I saw it i wanted to buy it, also the Designer is from my country, so I feel that need to help...but the shipping was to high at the time.
The shipping is lower now and getting a expansion seems worthwhile.

Proudly backed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Correia
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Obrigado!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Pinheiro
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
gr9yfox wrote:
Obrigado!

De nada

PS: I don't know if you remember, i was the Portuguese guy on facebook that wanted the game, but the postage costs were really high :\ Anyway, problem solved
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireneusz Huszcza
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Archidelic wrote:
gr9yfox wrote:
Obrigado!

De nada

PS: I don't know if you remember, i was the Portuguese guy on facebook that wanted the game, but the postage costs were really high :\ Anyway, problem solved

This is also a gigant + for Kickstarter - when logistics companies see that they can fulfill larger amount of packages in one action, they can give us better prices than usual
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Correia
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
gilford wrote:
Nothing about the solo ?
Darn...I'm a solo only player 8(

I can tell you about the solo! It has the same goal as the base game but naturally it brings in the new mechanics. The A.I. also collects madness cards as it closes portals and it can go insane! It brings a new press-your-luck element which you can try to use in your favor.

It was very helpful for testing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ireneusz Huszcza
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
gilford wrote:
Manuel, thank you kindly for replying.
Sounds great, a more interactive AI that actually takes damage? Nice.
So it's more than a random portal closer.
Means you really do have 2 solo ways to play with base and expansion.

Many thanks !

Sorry with little late answer...
But I guess Manuel did the job great
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.