Hide
8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Need help deciding Small World + expansion or SW+SWU rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
matthias lau
msg tools
Need help deciding Small World + expansion or SW+SWU, since price is similar buying either option. which would you guys reccomend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you mean 'Small World + Small World Underground' by the second option, definitely go for the first. Small World and Small World Underground are both base games. There are some options to combine the two, but simply getting one of them, potentially with an expansion, will be money better spent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
Fürth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get the base set that you like more and then check the expansions for the races and get what looks more interesting.

I can recommend getting Small World: Tales and Legends since it adds events to the game. Or the Small World: Necromancer Island if you want a 1vsAll mode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matthias lau
msg tools
will tales and legend work with SWU?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
Fürth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think so. But to be 100% sure I have to check the cards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
Fürth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked pictures of the cards:

There are 5 cards in the deck that refer to the terrain used in SW but you can adapt them to SW:U, so I see no problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matthias lau
msg tools
cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Waunakee (madison area)
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 to a game and expansions. I think buying SW and SWU is something you'd end up doing after deciding on wanting it all. But I think it runs the risk of being overkill to start with. All expansions do a decent enough job being good with whatever base game you have so don't worry about that and with tunnels everything seems to mash up well enough so no matter how you start it'll work out well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.