Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart Tonge
United Kingdom
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Toying with trying to make one. These are some semi-random thoughts on how I might go about it:

I think Clans would be in Galaxies (roughtly equivalent to two regiments) and so would have 4 - 7 counters per clan, plus enough jumpships to move the whole lot in one go.

My thinking is that wolfs Dragoons are 5's and they should represent approximately 2 regiments each (with inf, tanks, etc). If we said that a galaxy is equivalent to that then their base stat is 5.

Then we add in Elementals. Approx 1/3rd of the force should have them by default. Lets just say that's a +1. Add in clan tech +2.
For a base galaxy value of 8, which can then be altered to add in flavour.
4 starting clans plus 2 in reserve for a total of about 40 units.

COMSTAR would of course have to be increased in strength up to 12 counters, with the same values.

I'd leave the houses alone, leaders should change up but not sure its worth the bother.

So, the calculations for counters are pretty easy. But is there a game there? The invasion was a story and there's no game if the story has to be the same every time - tukkayid. I'm thinking have a few cards in the deck that at some point makes comstar go active and start to fight.
There probably should be some kind of tukkayid end game scenario, but one that doesn't necessarily need to happen. Maybe the clans have objectives that don't have to be terra.

In terms of the clan attack, they didn't have to go down the invasion routes so that could be mixed up a bit.
Maybe have jade falcon start over in Winter or Barcelona and extend the corridors right across the top of the map.

Batchalls could be represented by allowing clans to never roll more dice than their enemy.

Replacements - we know from the text that clans were better at keeping their machines in order due to their technology but that they didn't bring enough supplies with them. Currently tempted to say that they can rebuild one destroyed counter per month per clan at a designated rally point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Compter
United States
Foxboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a Clan Invasion scenario built at my Succession Wars site. It's kinda small but plays well. Here is a pic of a game underway. Liao is already on the ropes at this point.

We don't do anything crazy like activating Comstar or extra OOB specific cards but it works well. Let me know and I'm sure I can rattle off the specific OOB values like force lists and such.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Tonge
United Kingdom
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hi Brian, thanks for the info, I looked at your ORBAT and took a few ideas.

This is my proposed ORBAT: A cluster is worth ~2 strength.

Jade Falcon : 23 clusters
JF 7
Guard 8
Gyrfalcon 6,6
Peregrine 6,6
Solahma 3,3
KAHN CRICHELL M2 C2

Wolf : 22 clusters (~11 rgts)
Guards 8
Alpha 7
Beta 8
Delta 7
Epsilon 3,3
Gamma 7
KAHN KERENSKY M2 C3

GhostBear : 16 cl
Alpha 7,5
Beta 6,5
Delta 5,5
KAHN BOURJON M1 C2

Smoke Jaguar : 18 cluster
Alpha 7,7
Beta 7,6
Delta 5,5
ILKAHN SHOWERS M1 C3

Steel Viper : 13 cl
Alpha 7
Beta 7
Gamma 6,5

Nova Cat : 14 clusters
Alpha 6,6
Beta 6,5
Delta 4,3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason A
msg tools
I've been toying with Clan clusters = IS Regiments.
Whether different users play the Clans as a whole or seperate probably depends on the amount of players, definitely not any IS player if that can be helped.

Also, the Clans would start with the higher level, I was using 10's for Falcon Guard (2 units)whereas other Clan Guards units like Wolf Guards are 9 and extra fun stuff like Bear Claw Clusters are 8.

I figured the Clans would be beholden to the same supply requirements by not having the base tax structure as the IS players. They have strong units, but can't deploy them out too far. They lose some, won't be able to repair as easily as IS? I agree with your use of a central deployment 'factory' position beyond the IS. Make them choose units by Clan and only able to move through their particular Clan space as a way to identify with the invasion corridors (with the exception of the Clans helping the first wave Clans, like Diamond Shark only they are weaker?) Maybe a periphery base so an IS player has an option to deep strike and cripple them a bit (ahem, Victor..)

I agree also that the Clan player would need to be heavily indoctrinated into Clan lore to make it a good game,
otherwise they'll just streamroll IS factories and kill off players at will. With the Clan's having objectives instead of Terra, they would probably be those factories to help bolstor their losses, if I can get them not too powerful, but a force to be reckoned with by ALL IS powers that be.

I like the batchall idea to help handle this factor, esp. with my heavy handed Falcon Guards @ 10. They auto-kill a unit, then fight, quite cocky, like the 10th Lyran Guards. However, if they get defeated, that can help weaken that Clanner arrogance on a front where they lessened other units thinking their bad boy would defeat all comers.

My leftover questions are:

1. Do Clans repair @ 4 or at original force due to superior everything?
2. Does another player play ComGuards/Comstar or have it a card that can be played.
3. Should the Clans require JumpShips like IS units? They usually had more WarShips, etc. could be a factor.
4. Do the Wolf's Dragoons abandon all posts and return to Outreach like in canon? To be resold or used w/ ComGuard?

I've reborn several other Merc units too, like Gray Death and Kell Hounds. I'll send some images, though they sadly
are more crowded and less colourful than the great ones already available here.

I'll help keep this thread alive as I just ran through a good 10 hour game and I'm excited to add more to it in the way of Kerensky's Blood!

Cheers,
Mr Green

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.