Subject: Veteran's Experience ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gubisi Róbert
Hungary
Székesfehérvár
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a little bit confused so any kind of clarification would be appreciated related to the free AP granted by the Veteran.

Rule says: "Free AP gained by Experience may not be saved".

As I understand the basic rules, it is allowed to use free APs first and your normal APs later or combined them if you have more free APs.
If this is true why I want to use the free AP later and maybe not saving it. Or in this case I have to spend normal APs prior to free AP garnted by Experience when I am in vicinity of the Veteran.

Example: Generalist in vicinity of the Veteran
1. Starting with 6 APs (5 + 1 free). Spending 1 free AP and 3 normal APs and saving 2 normal APs for the next turn.
or
2. ... spending 4 normal APs and saving 1 AP for the next turn and losing the free AP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always spend AP in whatever order you like.

The point is that if you do nothing at all you don't get to carry forward the bonus AP as well as your normal AP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gubisi Róbert
Hungary
Székesfehérvár
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your reply!

In this case the rulebook has to be revised a little bit. In the example of it: "if the Generalist is in the Vicinity of the Veteran, the Generalist would get 6AP that turn. If the Generalist only uses 4AP that turn, they can only save 1AP as the free AP from the Veteran cannot be saved."

If I would be the G. I will use the free 1AP and 3AP and save 2AP for my next trun.

Otherwise because any Firefighters can only save maximum 4AP for the next turn it is impossible to save the free AP from the Veteran.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.