Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy H
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Has anyone got any experience with CMON customer service?

I had a wrong mini in an expansion recently (5th player expansion for Blood Rage - had 3 of one warrior type and 5 of the other) - contacted CMON CS, got the standard auto-response saying it had been allocated to one of their team (a Suzy D) and that's the last I heard of it.

That was about 2 weeks ago.

Any suggestions on the next step? Anyone have similar experiences or any joy getting a replacement part?

I like their stuff but this kind of lack of response is unprofessional and rubbish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Nazzari
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's normal for it to take 1-2 months to get a response from them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
Send them a nice reminder email. They were at GenCon last week so I have a feeling a lot falls behind during that time. Then if they don't get back to you send an angrier email next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chad Carlson
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I've purchased a lot from C'Mon through Kickstarter and among all the campaigns I've participated in I've had 3 issues I've created tickets for, in each case my issues were solved in ways that met or exceeded my expectations. My only issue was the amount of time it took for a response, I suspect their customer service staff is pretty overloaded. I'm confident you will get a response, but I'd encourage against multiple tickets sent in as I'm sure that only makes the overloaded customer service problem more so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy H
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm always a little annoyed with lack of response due to "overloaded customer service" when the answer to that seems simple - employ more people in either your customer service or your quality control departments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
East Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
guyblin wrote:
I'm always a little annoyed with lack of response due to "overloaded customer service" when the answer to that seems simple - employ more people in either your customer service or your quality control departments.

And you're willing to pay considerably higher prices that will come as a result of CMON's remarkably increased costs, due to undertaking significantly higher expenses (i.e. the wages paid to those employees)?

Solutions can seem obvious, but it's a balancing act and a ripple effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
They've always made good on anything I've had go wrong with their products. That said, be prepared to wait months before they fulfill any parts replacement requests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Haynes
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My worst experience that I had with them was with the Zombicide : Ultimate Survivor 2 and my second wave of Zombicide : Black Plague. I had moving and every other Kickstarter and system allowed me to make a change to the order and have it shipped. When I tried to enter the information within CMONs system, it didn't take the new information. I e-mailed them and got the response of, "Send us your new address and we will handle it." So I did.

A couple of weeks later, Ultimate Survivor ships to my old address, instead of the address that I gave them. I get an ticket for the wave 2 of Black Plague. Once again, old address. I ended up getting nowhere with their customer service and had to contact FedEx directly to have the shipment sent to my current address.

I have ZERO faith in the Customer Service at CMON.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonia S
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For something like incorrect parts they will eventually get you the right item. It will take a while, but CMON will get it done. They sent my friend a zombicide player board that CMON didn't have on hand at a con. CMON also sent a couple other player boards she needed, but it did take 3 or 4 months. Anything else I've found to be generally disappointing mostly due to the overly long response times (and my questions were time sensitive due to being about a Kickstarter Backing).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Nazzari
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mondrianbox wrote:
guyblin wrote:

And you're willing to pay considerably higher prices that will come as a result of CMON's remarkably increased costs, due to undertaking significantly higher expenses (i.e. the wages paid to those employees)?

Customer service is a part of business. They are not a small company anymore. That's not an excuse when smaller companies do a much better job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
East Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
captds9e wrote:
mondrianbox wrote:
guyblin wrote:

Customer service is a part of business. They are not a small company anymore. That's not an excuse when smaller companies do a much better job.

My point stands. Sure, adding additional staff would probably solve the issue. But like I said, that comes at a cost.

Notice I didn't say that I disagree with the comment – only reacting to the sense that people tend to throw it out there as if it's something a company can simply flip a switch on … "just hire more people". Well, it's not that simple.

I've never dealt with CMON's service, so I can't speak to that specifically. Perhaps they DO need to add more staff. But they're not going to do it out of kindness; we'll all pay more as a result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin V
United States
Victorville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Fan of Cartoonist Phil Foglio
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this is a bit of a thread resurrection...

I was wondering if anyone here has had any recent experience with CMON customer service. Has it been good? Is the turn around time still the same?

I bought a couple expansions several months back and just now got around to them; one was missing a figure. I put in a ticket, but wanted to get an idea of the wait time I can expect to get a replacement. I'm hoping to resolve it by the end of June.

EDIT: 4/21: I just got an e-mail from CMON indicating that the missing item has been shipped. WOW! 24 hours turn around! I don't know if this is the "new norm," or if I just caught them on a good day. Either way, happy ending.

EDIT: 4/24: I just received the missing figure in the mail today. Personally, I think this was fast. CMON resolved my issue quickly. I hope others experience similar service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.