Star Realms» Forums » General

Subject: Trade Row Shuffling rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Borg
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So with the games ever increasing deck size for the trade row, has anyone found a reasonable good solution for shuffling the trade row deck as a whole, or do you split the stacks multiple times do riffle shuffles etc etc etc?

If you have tried some of the card shufflers, do they work with the Star Realms sleeves?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoffer Nilsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just split the parts, this way it involves both players during the setup. Some shuffling and then we exchange half our deck with each other and continue. To be honest, I do this with almost every game regarding of deck size
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reclaimer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have also seen people take the whole trade deck, shuffle it up and divide it into five stacks, so taking a card reveals the next one. I haven't tried it myself, but it seems like it would be easier
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Borg
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DCross519 wrote:
I have also seen people take the whole trade deck, shuffle it up and divide it into five stacks, so taking a card reveals the next one. I haven't tried it myself, but it seems like it would be easier

Oh that's an interesting way of doing things. I had the same issue with Killer Bunnies in that eventually there got to be way to many expansions and I wasn't happy with how you were suppose to "shuffle everything" together to form a giant pile. Some of the cards in KB would be great only if you were to get other cards from the same set, I don't see that being an issue in Star Realms as you can combo things quite easily as it is.

I might use that the next time we play Star Realms thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Star Realms does a better game than my other deckbuilders at making expansions actual expansions.

Contrary to Ascension, Star Realms expansions blend in the original game very well, and are not actual stand-alone promoted as expansions which they really are not.

As much as I can be disappointed by the lack of novelty in Star Realms expansions, more of the same is also a pretty good thing for this game. So, good job here!

As for the shuffling, I split the deck in half, shuffle both halves, then mix and redo it. It's quite painful though. Five stacks is interesting, I might try it next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.