Subject: Any news on European / Swedish PHG pre-order? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone in Europe or even in Sweden that has received their pre-order copy of the game yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Any news on European / Swedish pre-order?
(UK) Nope, this was the last reply from them I had on the 28th July

Quote:

Unfortunately, our office is not specifically handling EU distribution. Our EU partners should be distributing tracking information soon, as orders are starting to go out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As vague as ever, it was just as 'soon' a month ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UK, mine arrived today
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don P
Sweden
flag msg tools
Swede here. Havent heard/seen anything about my preorder either. Actually I e-mailed PHG support two weeks ago asking about the status without any answer. Got tired of waiting as so I emailed them on monday again asking to cancel my preorder. Still no answer. There is no information on the website either about how to cancel preorders. Quite frustraiting the bad quality of customer service PHG provide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don_pers wrote:
Swede here. Havent heard/seen anything about my preorder either. Actually I e-mailed PHG support two weeks ago asking about the status without any answer. Got tired of waiting as so I emailed them on monday again asking to cancel my preorder. Still no answer. There is no information on the website either about how to cancel preorders. Quite frustraiting the bad quality of customer service PHG provide.

There was no information about the status of my order, where it was, when I could expect it. Then it just appeared.

Hang in there, hopefully it will arrive soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume all of these are pre-orders from Plaid Hat rather than other third party retailers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:
I assume all of these are pre-orders from Plaid Hat rather than other third party retailers?

Mine was direct from PHG, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Omertron wrote:
PeterM2158 wrote:

Mine was direct from PHG, yes.

Mine is also directly from PHG's pre-order store, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, Mine is pre-ordered from Thirsty Meeples so will probably have to wait a bit longer...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don P
Sweden
flag msg tools
Omertron wrote:
Don_pers wrote:

There was no information about the status of my order, where it was, when I could expect it. Then it just appeared.

Well the problem is that I dont want it anymore as the delays have killed all my anticipation. So I want to cancel it and thus should be able to but nowhere do PHG give instructions on how to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume you've tried support@plaidhatgames.com ? I'm afraid that's all I have

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Don_pers wrote:
Omertron wrote:
Don_pers wrote:

Well the problem is that I dont want it anymore as the delays have killed all my anticipation. So I want to cancel it and thus should be able to but nowhere do PHG give instructions on how to.

Just email PHG (contact details on their website). They have really good customer service so I suspect it won't be an issue. However as it has already shipped (by the sounds of it) you may be required to wait for it to turn up then return it.

Personally I don't understand how delays can kill anticipation. For me it just gets heightened (as and stated I've got even longer to wait for my copy). I think not wanting a game anymore because it got a bit delayed is a bit petty frankly. I'm sure if it turns up next week or the one after you'd still be able to enjoy playing it. Its not like an extra week or two changes the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Omertron wrote:
I assume you've tried support@plaidhatgames.com ? I'm afraid that's all I have

Yes tried them on facebook but now also via email. Hopefully the game just arrives soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don P
Sweden
flag msg tools
PeterM2158 wrote:
Don_pers wrote:
Omertron wrote:
Don_pers wrote:

Just email PHG (contact details on their website). They have really good customer service so I suspect it won't be an issue. However as it has already shipped (by the sounds of it) you may be required to wait for it to turn up then return it.

Personally I don't understand how delays can kill anticipation. For me it just gets heightened (as and stated I've got even longer to wait for my copy). I think not wanting a game anymore because it got a bit delayed is a bit petty frankly. I'm sure if it turns up next week or the one after you'd still be able to enjoy playing it. Its not like an extra week or two changes the game?

I have written both to support@plaidhatgames.com and mail@plaidhatgames.com with no response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just now got an answer over at facebook (private message from PHG's facebookpage):

Quote:
Preorders were slightly delayed but they are shipping now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don P
Sweden
flag msg tools
swYck wrote:
I just now got an answer over at facebook (private message from PHG's facebookpage):

Quote:
Preorders were slightly delayed but they are shipping now.

Thats nice. Now if they took some time of the facebook and actually responded to emails I would be glad. Quite bad customer service to not be capable to respond within days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it seems at least email customer support has vanished for Plaid Hat. Weeks with no reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
Yeah, it seems at least email customer support has vanished for Plaid Hat. Weeks with no reply.

It is convention season, perhaps they are caught up with that.

These companies are small <15 people.

The UK has received their orders, I can't imagine that the rest of Europe is far behind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao F. Falaschi
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
In this city there are those who'd live alone. Twilight brings them from the gloom into our homes. And hiding there among the wreckage left behind. They see things that aren't there when they close their eyes
mbmbmbmbmb
I received mine today in Germany.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Kassel
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Where did you ordered?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao F. Falaschi
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
In this city there are those who'd live alone. Twilight brings them from the gloom into our homes. And hiding there among the wreckage left behind. They see things that aren't there when they close their eyes
mbmbmbmbmb
veschka wrote:
Where did you ordered?

Plaid Hat direct pre-order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Kassel
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So your version is in english?

I've got some concerns, my tabletop-dealer supposed that I will have the game in one week. I still do not believe him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally got my package today, here in Sweden.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.