$20.00
$5.00
Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
28 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Orlando shooter's father attends Hillary Clinton rally in Kissimmee rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting:

http://www.wptv.com/news/state/orlando-shooters-father-atten...

Doesn't surprise me overmuch. He's an American citizen and of course can support whoever he wants, and of course Hillary knows that terrorists and their families are a natural constituency for her.

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
Interesting:

Doesn't surprise me overmuch. He's an American citizen and of course can support whoever he wants, and of course Hillary knows that terrorists and their families are a natural constituency for her.

Ferret
Yes.

Here we have a Muslim taking a platform with someone reaching out to the victims Of A "terrorist attack"

So yes, I think those who comfort the victims of crime and want their children to oppose terror are a natural constituency of hers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
Interesting:

Ferret

Muslim decides to support and vote for Hillary instead of the Donald who basically wants to block all Muslim immigration and treats them with as much disdain as other minorities. Shocking ! News at 11.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonb wrote:
Muslim decides to support and vote for Hillary instead of the Donald who basically wants to block all Muslim immigration and treats them with as much disdain as other minorities. Shocking ! News at 11.
Not to mention Trump has said before that he would ignore the Constitution and go after suspected terrorists families also. It would be like putting Dahmer's parents in jail because he ate his lovers. Of course the innocent people who don't want to be persecuted are going to go to the alternative candidate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
He's an American citizen and of course can support whoever he wants, and of course Hillary knows that terrorists and their families are a natural constituency for her.
Are you proposing that Hillary block all muslims from her events? Yes, that sounds very freedom-loving and indicative of American values.

I wish you would just quit hemming and hawing and come right out and declare you want a fascist police state instead of disingenuously claiming you are for our Constitution which is designed to prevent your totalitarian utopia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
Ferretman wrote:
He's an American citizen and of course can support whoever he wants, and of course Hillary knows that terrorists and their families are a natural constituency for her.
Are you proposing that Hillary block all muslims from her events? Yes, that sounds very freedom-loving and indicative of American values.

I wish you would just quit hemming and hawing and come right out and declare you want a fascist police state instead of disingenuously claiming you are for our Constitution which is designed to prevent your totalitarian utopia.
It's what Donny wouild do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
Interesting:

Ferret

Dude.

The family came out as being shocked about his actions and opposing them. But to score some points, you're willing to go guilt-by-association? There's plenty of reasons to dislike Hillary. You don't have to resort to slandering someone who is already suffering a good deal because of the actions of his son.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
Ferretman wrote:
Interesting:

Ferret

Dude.

The family came out as being shocked about his actions and opposing them. But to score some points, you're willing to go guilt-by-association? There's plenty of reasons to dislike Hillary. You don't have to resort to slandering someone who is already suffering a good deal because of the actions of his son.
If you look carefully he never said that this was a terrorist family or that he disagreed with it.

What he did was go

Nudge,e Nudge, Wink, Wink, A wink is as good as a nod to a blind bat!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
Dude.

But he has to, it is instrumental to his crusade to scapegoat an entire culture so as to unite the American people under one totalitarian banner to steamroll overall all minorities, since they are the "other" and are coming to take our treasure, mate with our women and kill our children. There is no tolerance, empathy or nuance in this world view, only purity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
Interesting:

Ferret

Ah, Ferret, stick to your cool science posts. When you try to get political, well, it doesn't really work. Like, I don't even understand your point here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
Ferretman wrote:
Interesting:

Ferret

Dude.

Slander seems to be the go-to arrow in the quiver for the right wing here these days
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
Ferretman wrote:
Interesting:

Ferret

Dude.

Slander seems to be the go-to arrow in the quiver for the right wing here these days
When all you have to offer is a product no one like the taste of all you have left is to imply everyone esles produce is made form baby fetuses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
Dude.

But he has to, it is instrumental to his crusade to scapegoat an entire culture so as to unite the American people under one totalitarian banner to steamroll overall all minorities, since they are the "other" and are coming to take our treasure, mate with our women and kill our children. There is no tolerance, empathy or nuance in this world view, only purity.

And as someone who is tired of having been pushed out the door by this kind of ideology, I am refusing to lay down for it anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
The family came out as being shocked about his actions and opposing them.

But then the old mans anti-gay Islamic hate speeches came to light.

Quote:
The elder Mateen said in a video that “God himself will punish those involved in homosexuality.”

Boy this must be hard for the ostrich brigade, on one hand you have a Muslim, the other hand gays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

Quote:
The elder Mateen said in a video that “God himself will punish those involved in homosexuality.”

Boy this must be hard for the ostrich brigade, on one hand you have a Muslim, the other hand gays.

In your attempt to make another gotcha, you managed to edit the quote of the father. The full quote being

“God himself will punish those involved in homosexuality,” he said. “This is not for the servants” of God.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the-orlando-shooters-af...

Decrying his son's massacre.

So the only "point" you are making here is that the intellectual bankruptcy of the Right here on RSP is alive and thriving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

Quote:

How about the context

The father of the Orlando shooter said early Monday that his son shouldn’t have killed patrons at the gay nightclub Pulse because God will punish them, The Washington Post reported.

No one here says he is not a homophobe, just that he does not (unlike say this person)

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/johnwright/gunman_i...

want people killed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
In your attempt to make another gotcha, you managed to edit the quote of the father. The full quote being

“God himself will punish those involved in homosexuality,” he said. “This is not for the servants” of God.
Which is exactly the sentiment of many Christians to this "sin". So I'm sure we could come up with a dumb meme for that also that shows Jeremy's wrestling with his side agreeing with Muslims on something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
The sins of the son visited upon the father
GameCrossing wrote:
Ferretman wrote:
Interesting:

Ferret

Dude.

Beat me to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
Interesting:

Ferret

You mean like Donny and white supremacists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
The full quote being

Oh yeah, that's much better. A magical being will punish them through his will.

Quote:
Our brothers in Waziristan, our warrior brothers in Taliban movement and national Afghan Taliban are rising up,” he said in one YouTube video

Oh, I am sure he was all into the moderate Taliban.

So Islam trumps gay in the victim hood hierarchy, got it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Quote:

That is clearly anti gay but not exclusively Islamist. There are millions of Christians in this country who espouse the exact same view of homosexuality. Where is your outrage there ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
The full quote being

Oh yeah, that's much better. A magical being will punish them through his will.

Quote:
Our brothers in Waziristan, our warrior brothers in Taliban movement and national Afghan Taliban are rising up,” he said in one YouTube video

Oh, I am sure he was all into the moderate Taliban.

Do you want to give the full quote, or at least admit it has been edited?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Staff
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:

"It sure does Billy, it sure does..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:

Is this your version of that thought exercise where for a million dollars you push a button and someone, somewhere will die but your biggest fear is actually that you can't decide which button to push?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I thought Trump still had a shot but if the Finest are pulling out this shit then I guess not.

Phew I'll worry less now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.