Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Theo Peters
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking at Rahdo playthrough of Near and Far and even though I'm not a huge fan of worker placement and resource gathering games, the adventuring on a board aspect looked really awesome! Are there any other games out there like this? There doesn't have necessarily be a lot of conflict, but questing/exploration/adventuring and so on. The board can be the same each time or variable as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
One that I have recently been enjoying is Tales of the Arabian Nights. Plenty of adventuring and exploration, but little conflict or resource management.

The board stays the same, but there is a substantial amount of randomization in encounters, so there is very little overlap from game to game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carel Teijgeler
Netherlands
Vlaardingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For pure adventure/questing:

First people will suggest Mage Knight (as I did now whistle), but some will it is more a puzzle than an adventure.

Solo and PnP: Barbarian Prince, a paragraph based adventure.

OOP but some of the ancestors of this genre:
Magic Realm, set in a fantasy world
Source of the Nile, exploring the inner lands of Africa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric T
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Runebound 2nd(harder to find) and 3rd edition(new edition) is what your looking for, from Fantasy Flight Games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Sometimes I'm the shark; sometimes I'm the swimmer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Need it be fantasy theme? Voyage of the B.S.M. Pandora is an excellent, old (and OP) space exploration game. Files to pnp the game are readily available. A real (semi-forgotten) gem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Theo Peters
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wamsp wrote:
One that I have recently been enjoying is Tales of the Arabian Nights. Plenty of adventuring and exploration, but little conflict or resource management.

The board stays the same, but there is a substantial amount of randomization in encounters, so there is very little overlap from game to game.

This one is high up on my list, but I'm wondering - is there much for sexual content in it? I took a quick look at the images and I noticed a few questionable villains that made me wonder. I'm not into that sort of stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.