Popular Tags: [View All]
Lafber
France
ASNIERES SUR SEINE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Reading the multiplayer rule 30.0 MORE THAN TWO PLAYERS in the ADVANCED RULES AND PLAY BOOK (Rev. 11/17/2015) I have a question.

Can a player of a side when he play a card as OP or SR (from whatever hands) can only move / combat / SR with his own troops or can he select whatever units from his own side ? Nothing explicit written in the rule atm so I wonder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Silverman
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules assign units to each player. GMT Games has asked me to make this a variant for its magazine, rather than include it in the boxed game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lafber
France
ASNIERES SUR SEINE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Perry for the respons.
So a player can only activate his own units, isn't it?
Except I suppose when a multi-country stack is present.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Silverman
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The applicable rules will soon be published in InsideGMT.

Perry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Silverman
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please see this InsideGMT article on the 3-4 player variant for ILLUSIONS OF GLORY:

http://www.insidegmt.com/?p=16749#more-16749

Perry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lafber
France
ASNIERES SUR SEINE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very disappointed by GMT to not include the multiplayers rules in the core edition. This was the exceptional feature of the game compared to their counterparts "Paths of glory engine" and what make me buy it in P500 in a second.

Anyway multiplayers will be possible and at least publishing the rules apart will allow other game to use it.

Some comments concerning the rules:

Quote:

In each Action Round, an AP player may choose to play a Strategy Card from his own hand or the other AP player’s hand, simulating the friction in AP decision-making and allowing some “interesting” and “exciting” table talk.

Very smart that one.

Quote:
Each AP player controls Movement, Combat, Advance or Retreat After Combat, and Strategic Redeployment for his units, and chooses which of his units absorb damage from Combat. Also, each AP player controls the accumulation of Replacement Points from the cards that he holds.

OK, but still can't found the respons to my initial question.
Can I activate my other teammate units?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Cameron
Australia
Maylands
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, are you able to look at your team-mate's hand of cards before you take one, or are you grabbing one blindly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Silverman
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can read your teammate's cards before taking one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.