Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Does plain walkers the original core and Shadows ofer Instrad combine to make the game bigger?

Can you mix the components? or is each one stand alone?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Just as with the old HeroScape game that it is based on, each of the box games and expansions add more options and choices to the game. New plainswalkers, new units, new spells and a bit more terrain.

You can plan them single or combined into one big game. Don't forget about the Battle for Zendikar expansion as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Dunks
United States
Providence Forge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, they are meant to be mixed. With three releases now, there are finally enough options for some real deck and army construction!

Rules for construction are in the rulebook, towards the back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Groll
Germany
Marburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not own the newest base set yet, but will buy it as soon as its out in German. Will all the components of both base sets (without the Zendikar expansion) fit in one of the boxes? I am not a fried of storing games in several boxes and thus would love to see it fitting all into a single box.

After tossing the AotP insert, bagging all the minis and adding a small collection of Heroscape terrain my box feels more full than empty. My main worry is that the additional boards will use up so much space that it might be difficult to fit all the other components from both sets on top of them. Does anybody here have any experiences with storing both base sets in a single box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Minnigh
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used a separate carrier to hold all the figures/dice/glyphs/wound markers. All of the expansion terrain and rulebooks fit inside the new box. So I have 2 boxes essentially holding everything and I have room for several more expansions I believe. I do not believe you could fit everything in one of the boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Wineinger
United States
Wood River
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
You made it personal. All it did was buy you a little more pain than most.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to get everything into the Shadows Over Innistrad box, but it's pretty full and you pretty much have to take EVERYTHING out to get to ANYTHING.

So, I'm beginning to look for a new storage solution for this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.