Steven Albano
United States
Bloomfield
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

So for Roadblocks...

It's not really a rule thing, but it's something really weird.

For the sticker that goes into the rulebook and the four stickers that are attached to the action cards, the roadblock part comes out. It's hard to describe (and I don't have the picture on me), but when I peeled off the stickers, the red roadblock part of the stickers was still attached to the sheet it originally came in on.

Did this happen to anyone else?

It's just weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The sheet included in the game that told you "Take this sticker and put it on box 8" also has a warning about an error occurring with that particular sticker.

My guess (as someone who has an industrial designer in his family who likes to talk about this stuff constantly) is that someone copy/pasted the same image for roadblocks that was used for the roadblock punchboard and sized it for the sticker, but forgot to remove a few cut instructions from the file beforehand...

And no one noticed in time (maybe because the component is inside a sealed box that only gets opened half-way through the campaign ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
By chance, this got discussed last month.

I speculated along similar lines, and Matt Leacock replied "Something like that." (-8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.