$20.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Wargames» Forums » General

Subject: Bikini A-Bomb Tests July 1946 - more records declassified this past month rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
Underwater Atomic Blast Contaminated Test Ships Making Them “Radioactive Stoves”

Declassified Documents, Films and Photographs Depict Tests "Able" and “Baker” and Removal of Bikinians

National Security Archive Electronic Briefing Book No. 555
Posted - July 22, 2016

Edited by William Burr with Stav Geffner

http://nsarchive.gwu.edu/nukevault/ebb555-Bikini-A-Bomb-Test...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P.
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
Yet while exulting in solitude I became aware of a strange lack. I wished a companion to lie near in the starlight, silent, unmoving, but within touch. For there's fellowship more quiet than solitude, and rightly understood is solitude made perfect.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yikes. Every time I watch footage from one of those detonations I am chilled through and through - probably has something to do with the memory of crouching under my desk in Grade school every couple of months on 'Drill Day'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is how Godzilla was created, lol.whistle or the monsters in King of Tokyo board game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Zurunkel
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Little did they realize when they set off those a-bombs, lurking for millions of years, encased in a block of ice. Evil incarnate, waiting only to be melted down and to rise again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Nunuyerbiznez
United States
Unspecified
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Search for "Sedan Crater" on Google Earth then expand your visual search area. THAT's chilling... Every last one of those dents was a nuke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.