Hide
6 Posts

Eldritch Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Replenishing the clue pool rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Lea
msg tools
I recently bought 'Under the Pyramids'. In the FAQ, I note there is a question asking what happens when an investigator gains a Treasure Map Unique Asset and there are no clues in the clue pool. I'm not sure how this can ever happen; consulting the Reference Guide, it states both under the section for clues and for discarding that once there are no more clues in the clue pool, you shuffle the clues in the discard pile and then place them back in to the clue pool. Under what circumstance, then, can it ever be the case that there are no clues in the clue pool? Please can someone clarify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could have no clue pool if all of them are either on the board or possessed by players. Not likely, but we did get close one game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every clue might be either on the board or possessed by an investigator. It's an edge case, but it is possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
texan hick
msg tools
Had this happen to me once. We were so busy dealing with rumors,and mysteries and had ways to generate massive numbers of clues on our character sheet (arcane insight) that we didn't bother going on research encounters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And then the Tick Tock Men activate and everybody cries. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.