Subject: Can Air units be moved to participate in battle? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sir Tobey
Germany
Greifswald
flag msg tools
Hi,

I´m not sure if this question was answered already elsewhere but I couldn`t find anything to it. So any help is welcomed.
Can I avtivate and move Air units up to four legs to an airbase and let it participate an declared battle in Range afterwards?
To illustrate this, the following Example:
In the Comprehensive Example of play the 5AD, 21AF and 23AF are activated for attacking the FEAF in 2812 on the Phillippines. The 21AF and 23AF get halved their stregth halved due using their extended range. Would it be possible to fly with them 3009 (Taihoku)where they are stationed initially to 2909 (Tainan) and thus being in range of 3 to attack the FEAF and not being halved?
The same would be to activate the 22AF from Saigon to move to the prior captured airfield in Kuala Lumpur and attack Singapur in the same offense.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petri P
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Can I activate and move Air units up to four legs to an airbase and let it participate an declared battle in Range afterwards?

The number of legs aircraft can hop from base to base before combat is at most the OC value of the card played. So, four legs is impossible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Tobey
Germany
Greifswald
flag msg tools
You`re right. I don`t know why I had 4 legs in my mind, I guess I confused it with the the example of strategic air movement given in the rules, which uses 4 legs for an 2 OC card. But thanks for reminding, it is hard to remember all the rules all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wolf 359 wrote:
Hi,

I´m not sure if this question was answered already elsewhere but I couldn`t find anything to it. So any help is welcomed.
Can I avtivate and move Air units up to four legs to an airbase and let it participate an declared battle in Range afterwards?
To illustrate this, the following Example:
In the Comprehensive Example of play the 5AD, 21AF and 23AF are activated for attacking the FEAF in 2812 on the Phillippines. The 21AF and 23AF get halved their stregth halved due using their extended range. Would it be possible to fly with them 3009 (Taihoku)where they are stationed initially to 2909 (Tainan) and thus being in range of 3 to attack the FEAF and not being halved?
The same would be to activate the 22AF from Saigon to move to the prior captured airfield in Kuala Lumpur and attack Singapur in the same offense.

Thanks

But to answer the original query, aircraft can hop to a new base to participate closer to a battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Tobey
Germany
Greifswald
flag msg tools
Thanks a lot for making that clear to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Williams
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elsewhere, Mark Herman has mentioned that at least one of the actions or moves in the Comprehensive Example of Play exists simply to provide an example from the rules and should not be assumed to be an optimal play. This certainly looks like another one of those!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.