Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the discussion thread for Worldwide Promos & Accessories Math Trade XI.

It is intended to allow for announcements from me as moderator, as well as discussion specific to this trade (or future Worldwide Promo Math Trades). Please do NOT use this thread to:

* publicly discuss issues with other traders (Please GM me privately if there is an issue(
* request that particular items get listed (use Worldwide Promos & Accessories Math Trade XI (WISHLIST) instead)
* debate on the merits of Math Trades, shipping policies, the OLWLG, etc
* insult, argue, or demean others

It is perfectly ok to use this for idle chit chat related to the trade, though. Any serious or urgent announcements about the trade will come in the form of a geekmail from me as moderator.

Thanks, and happy trading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
YAY!

I love these trades!

Thanks matt!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So many math trades! Love it. Thanks, Matt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for running this one. I would imagine the Promo MT is even more of a headache than US only ones

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
Thanks for running this one. I would imagine the Promo MT is even more of a headache than US only ones

Eh. In some cases it's easier (the stakes are generally lower, so if something goes majorly wrong someone is usually out less than $10US), but in some it's definitely trickier (trying to satisfy all our different international colleagues can be a challenge).

The last one had quite a bit of drama, but we got it all sorted out and most of it was one-time only (like the whole "Does this MT break JeffyJeff's shipping restritions rules" debate).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to remove the space in your wishlist link.

Thanks for doing this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Locu wrote:
You might want to remove the space in your wishlist link.

Thanks for doing this.

Thanks, hadn't caught that one. No idea why my editor was doing that, but it did it for all of the other posts too. Missed it on here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know in regular math trades, it is frown on listing a game and saying not for the game but for XYZ promo (I believe the headers usually say if it's not for the game listed then you must use Outside the Scope with altname tags)

I'm seeing quite a few cases in this one but since games aren't typically part of promo math trades, is it an issue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
I know in regular math trades, it is frown on listing a game and saying not for the game but for XYZ promo (I believe the headers usually say if it's not for the game listed then you must use Outside the Scope with altname tags)

I'm seeing quite a few cases in this one but since games aren't typically part of promo math trades, is it an issue?

I think it should only be used when the item itself isn't in the Database... but I think in most cases I even shy away form that tactic. I'll link the item in my description... but I try to use outside the scope entries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:

I think it should only be used when the item itself isn't in the Database.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3wgames wrote:
corkysru wrote:

I think it should only be used when the item itself isn't in the Database.

Maybe temporarily but why not submit it to the database?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
belial1134 wrote:

That's a good idea regardless of the math-trade, but it does take an un-fixed time for new items to make it through the pending queue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fenners wrote:
belial1134 wrote:

That's a good idea regardless of the math-trade, but it does take an un-fixed time for new items to make it through the pending queue.

True, but I can say I've added several items (board games as well as promos) to the database in the last several days and they have been approved within 24 hours or less

But you're right, I've had some entries linger for weeks but lately it's been fairly quick.

I have submitted several this evening for promos. If/when they get approved, I'll post the link under the corresponding entry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:

I would never do it in a regular math trade, but it has been the norm in the worldwide promo trade in the past.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
steckman wrote:
belial1134 wrote:

I would never do it in a regular math trade, but it has been the norm in the worldwide promo trade in the past.

Yeah, I figure it's not a huge deal in this MT since no one is expecting to receive full games but figured I'd ask to make sure.

Hopefully folks will submit entries for ones not yet in the database. I know Dice Tower is in the process of shipping their KS rewards so as soon as I get mine, I'll work on adding any that aren't yet in the database or the pending queue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
steckman wrote:
belial1134 wrote:

This.

What *I* usually do is post it as an Outside the Scope so I can appropriately altname it and then link to the game itself so it'll still show up in the magnifying glass and highlighted, but the altname tag makes it clear what it is.

But ideally yeah one should try to find a listing if it's there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hestiansun wrote:
steckman wrote:
belial1134 wrote:

This.

What *I* usually do is post it as an Outside the Scope so I can appropriately altname it and then link to the game itself so it'll still show up in the magnifying glass and highlighted, but the altname tag makes it clear what it is.

But ideally yeah one should try to find a listing if it's there.

That sounds like a good approach. I don't think anyone would expect the main game linked item to be a sweetener like in a normal math trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Fung
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Love playing tile games!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How often is the want list sync'd with OLWLG?

I think it's been a few days since it's been sync'd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Laufer
United States
Millington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasn't sure whether to post this as a comment on the WISHLIST GL, or here, but here goes:

To anyone interested in Ascension promos, would you prefer them listed as a large group, in small groups, or individually?
(here's my list of spares. I plan to put them all into the trade, in case it changes the answer.)

Send answer by GM if you don't want to clutter the thread.

ETA: same question goes for these Munchkin bookmarks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one or two more of those Cthulhu mini-figures (which were so popular last year) to trade - but after spending a shocking amount shipping them to Australia last time, I don't know if I dare...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Thiess
United States
Suisun City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question regarding the rule about not mixing promos for multiple games. I have Fruitcake Fun Pack that I'd like to offer. It includes multiple promos for Looney Labs games. I believe it was only distributed in that pack (but I'm not sure). Should I list it as one item or should I split it into the individual promos?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wisegy84 wrote:
I have a question regarding the rule about not mixing promos for multiple games. I have Fruitcake Fun Pack that I'd like to offer. It includes multiple promos for Looney Labs games. I believe it was only distributed in that pack (but I'm not sure). Should I list it as one item or should I split it into the individual promos?

Thanks!

You certainly can list it as a group. You can also break it up to list as independent promos. The latter is more likely to net you a few smaller trades. But the former relies upon someone wanting all (or most I suppose) of the promos included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hestiansun wrote:
Wisegy84 wrote:

Thanks!

You certainly can list it as a group. You can also break it up to list as independent promos. The latter is more likely to net you a few smaller trades. But the former relies upon someone wanting all (or most I suppose) of the promos included.

I've looked through the rules on the geeklist header several times and I cannot find that rule. While I agree that mixing promos for different games is probably not a good idea, is it actually against the rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Thiess
United States
Suisun City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TedMarshall wrote:
hestiansun wrote:
Wisegy84 wrote:

Thanks!

I've looked through the rules on the geeklist header several times and I cannot find that rule. While I agree that mixing promos for different games is probably not a good idea, is it actually against the rules?

It's not in the numbered list of rules, but it's mentioned at the end of the first paragraph of the header.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Thiess
United States
Suisun City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hestiansun wrote:
Wisegy84 wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks! I'll decide how I want to list them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [14] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.