Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
There are twelve of us, Sire, and I place all the resources of my people unreservedly at your Majesty's disposal.
mb
What are the circumstances that trigger Tuuri's ability? The English rules on this aren't very clear, and the French and Dutch (of which I have minimal ability) didn't help much, other than learning from the French rules that either player can trigger Tuuri's ability (am I right about that?).

But what triggers Tuuri? Is it a piece (either player's) moving along her column? Or is it a piece moving into her column? Or can a piece leaving the column trigger Tuuri's ability as well? Or is it all of the above? And maybe more?

We played three games of Kaleva (in a row!) last night, and really enjoyed it; but not being able to truly understand Tuuri made us wonder if we were playing it wrong!

Thanks for any and all answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Dąbrowski
msg tools
It's also confusing to me, but the way I understand it is: you can activate Tuuri if you're moving along or leaving the column with her card.

The rules also say that you can't use Tuuri's ability if you lose an attack using Tuuri card. Which suggests that you can use it when you're attacking, but only if you're fighting another Tuuri card (otherwise Tuuri always loses being the weakest card).

I understand that after activating Tuuri's ability you discard it and draw a new card, but that's purely my interpretation - the rules don't state that expressly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.