Subject: Plastic Figure Missing Parts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darrell Jones
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received MoM2 yesterday in the mail. Going through it last night I saw one character that looked like he had to be assembled, so I set him aside. His forearms were missing and there are two small peg holes in his elbows.

I pulled everything else out of the box and bags to ensure all the components were there and find the missing part. Nothing.

At first I thought he was an additional character until I sorted everything and realized he was one of the characters from the riot groups and he was missing his axe.

I've already contacted FFG/Asmodee for a replacement, but figured I'd give everyone a heads up. If you need to get a hold of them the URL is http://parts.asmodeena.com/

I'm hoping for a fast replacement as I'm anxious to play. However they have a notice about delays because of GenCon. FFG has been fast to support issues in the past but I've not done anything since Asmodee became part of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least with this kind of problem you can still play the game even if you don't have the part yet. I've been seeing some people having missing sheets of tiles/tokens. I haven't received my copy yet, so hoping I don't end up with missing parts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Hall
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
That is unfortunate. Both of my Star Spawns had the wings smashed behind their backs and the peg holes in the base don't line up. I am also waiting to hear back but figured with Gencon, like the message said, it may take a little bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Jones
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was a little disappointed that all the figures were stuffed loose in a bag. Some of the pegs don't quite fit in the stands.

Overall, there seems to be a step down in quality on the figures. They are still fairly detailed, but they feel a little flimsier. There was some flashing left on some of them.

Even the stands feel a little different. Some of the tiles slide in with resistance and others slide way too easily, so much so that they tend to slide out if they are jostled around.

The game is a blast, though. I definitely enjoy the fog of war aspect, clues and exploration items appearing as you discover rooms. The text is very thematic. Interactions with NPCs is good.

We set up in our break room to play at lunch over the next few days. We're about 3 rounds in and suffered our first mythos effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Harbin
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am missing a tile sheet and have a duplicate of another, but I couldn't wait to play so I went ahead, hoping the missing tiles wouldn't come up.

Sure enough, the very last couple of rooms of the first scenario I do not have.

I proxied them with 2 others ,though, and other than a thematic hit to the story, it worked.

I contacted FFG on August 5th but have yet to hear anything.

Hope you have good luck getting your parts replaced, but I have a feeling its going to be a long wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Billups
msg tools
mb
I also had to contact support. One of my Deep Ones is missing a leg and it wasn't in the bag the minis came in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McLaughlin
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Snigwiddle wrote:
I am missing a tile sheet and have a duplicate of another, but I couldn't wait to play so I went ahead, hoping the missing tiles wouldn't come up.

Sure enough, the very last couple of rooms of the first scenario I do not have.

I proxied them with 2 others ,though, and other than a thematic hit to the story, it worked.

I contacted FFG on August 5th but have yet to hear anything.

Hope you have good luck getting your parts replaced, but I have a feeling its going to be a long wait.

Same issue here. Played the first scenario and spent 15 minutes trying to find the Hall End tile.

That sheet wasn't in my box, but I've got duplicates of two other tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

First thing I did was check all the contents to make sure everything was there.

Thankfully, all was well.

Thanks for bringing the somewhat shoddy QC to our attention, though.

Better safe than sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McLaughlin
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't have helped in my case, as I had the proper number of sheets. No way to know that two copies of one of them wasn't intended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Natai wrote:
Wouldn't have helped in my case, as I had the proper number of sheets. No way to know that two copies of one of them wasn't intended.

Each sheet was labelled uniquely: "1/9", "2/9", etc. (I think there were 9?). So presumably you were missing one in the sequence?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McLaughlin
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pudsy wrote:
Natai wrote:

Each sheet was labelled uniquely: "1/9", "2/9", etc. (I think there were 9?). So presumably you were missing one in the sequence?

Hadn't noticed that before - thanks!
I've got two 5/9 - missing 6/9.

If anyone can point me to a high-res image of that sheet, I could at least print out the tiles and use them to cover my sheet 5 duplicates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Jones
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I never heard anything from Asmodee or FFG regarding the piece. But today I received a replacement in the mail. Well packed and complete. I'm happy they were able to replace it, but it would be nice to receive something other than an automated email response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McLaughlin
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dermaestro wrote:
Well, I never heard anything from Asmodee or FFG regarding the piece. But today I received a replacement in the mail. Well packed and complete. I'm happy they were able to replace it, but it would be nice to receive something other than an automated email response.

Out of curiosity, how many days elapsed between when you got the automated response and received your replacement?

I submitted my request and never received any email. However, when checking the status at one point there was a comment that they would send a replacement. The automated notification system didn't work. Anyway, just wondering approximately how long I should expect that to take.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Jones
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Natai wrote:
dermaestro wrote:

Out of curiosity, how many days elapsed between when you got the automated response and received your replacement?

I submitted my request and never received any email. However, when checking the status at one point there was a comment that they would send a replacement. The automated notification system didn't work. Anyway, just wondering approximately how long I should expect that to take.

I sent a request the same day I posted here, August 9th. I got the part in the mail yesterday, August 25th. So 16 days total.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.