Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed several of the tiles in Targa are marked as "indoors". But I haven't managed to find any reference to that keyword in the books.
Does it have any rules significance?
I'd imagine being indoors would offer protection from weather effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there are any current uses for many of the keywords. Perhaps some mechanisms will arise later. I think it would be appropriate to house-rule weather like the blizzard not affecting indoor tiles, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AceAceBaby wrote:
I think it would be appropriate to house-rule weather like the blizzard not affecting indoor tiles, though.

I was just about to post that, because I use that exact thing as a house rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know I didn't miss anything.

It's kinda weird that it's meaningless as of yet. Though maybe they have plans for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Barfly
France
flag msg tools
badge
SLURP
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen that icon on the video of the unboxing of the Trederra expansion...

https://boardgamegeek.com/video/106984/shadows-brimstone-cit...

at 1:20 you can see the symbol (and it concerns acid rain on Trederra)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ScottL
United States
Weare
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've been using house rule that "indoor" tiles provide some shelter from weather effects like the Blizzard depth event, but not the OtherWorld Cards general cold effect.

For what it's worth, I also have been using some larger square tiles (Art from MadCowChef) of snow terrain for completely outdoor encounters in Targa, and have also been working on a set of Weather Effect cards specifically for Targa. I envision Targa as having a generally cold but also highly unstable weather system.

The weather effects I made are still very much in an unfinished testing stage, and I'm trying to work out some decent mechanics for them. Currently I introduce them when the darkness advances to a blank (non-blot or Growing Dread) spot on the tracker. I intend some cards to remain in play, some to replace others and some to be cumulative. Brutal fun.

Here's a sample (I probably ought to start up a topic in the variant area):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Petersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
Scott, that is the best tweak for Targa I have seen!

I for one would love to use these in Targa. An idea would be if you roll doubles on the event Track, beside the Heroes encountering a difficulty the conditions in Targa also worsen.

Then you draw a card and it comes into effect. Some temporary (last 3 turns or the like) and some persistent until a new one is drawn.

Really cool idea, hope you expand on this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would love to take the idea of the final adventure room to the next level. And really work on the environments in the mine. Sort of something that combines the Badlands with the quest where you return the idol to Jargono.

I'm thinking you can customize your room deck to bring in 3 rooms with water sources and shuffle that together with 9 other room cards. For a mission those rooms will have special effects. Like maybe you're hunting something that is fleeing down a water source, or you are discovering why the towns water supply is tainted, so instead of just boring old objectives, you would have to do x on y map tile. Maybe the water source leads you to a gate to jargono and the water is gushing through the gate and polluting and corrupting the land.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trederra has a specific rule that INTERIOR negates weather effects. We play the same way for Targa having it negate the cold because the interior tiles had a furnace or something on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ScottL
United States
Weare
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
andershpetersen wrote:
Scott, that is the best tweak for Targa I have seen!

I for one would love to use these in Targa. An idea would be if you roll doubles on the event Track, beside the Heroes encountering a difficulty the conditions in Targa also worsen.

Then you draw a card and it comes into effect. Some temporary (last 3 turns or the like) and some persistent until a new one is drawn.

Really cool idea, hope you expand on this

Thanks, I've been having fun with it on some solo adventures where the posse is battling the elements in the frozen waste as much as the monsters. Brings some depth to the otherworld. Anyway, I'm pretty much heading in the direction you mention. Just working things out as I go along. I dont want to hijack this topic so will start a new one over in Variants for Targa Weather effects. I can imagine that the same thing could be done with appropriate cards for any of the otherworlds where you aren't stuck underground. But as njep mentions there's a lot of cool ideas that could be done underground as well. I like that flooding idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really great idea to have weather effects for the Otherworlds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.