Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron Rhinehart
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
Semi-English Nonsense
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty interesting article. The mechanics and stuff all sound familiar, but there are several pictures of new components (player boards, equipment), that are exciting to see.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/8/12404378/dark-souls-board-ga...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice. Thx for linking that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cubes :/

Where did the aggro coin go? I don't want an aggro cube...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Razoupaf wrote:
Cubes :/

Where did the aggro coin go? I don't want an aggro cube...

Probably a placeholder

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Rhinehart
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
Semi-English Nonsense
mbmbmbmbmb
This is definitely all still placeholder stuff. They also still swear that the game will be out (with all add on content) by April '17.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hope so But I didn't see it stated in the article, so it had me a bit worried.

I'll be impressed if they honour their deadline. And still make it a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J D
United States
Clover
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
A few things stood out to me:

1) Stat requirement on weapons and armor.

2) Two different attack options on the axe.

3) Four icons on the bottom of all item cards, defence dice, something, something, cost?

4) Class abilities.

5) Tier 1-3 leveling, with preordained stat increases per class.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
msg tools
Yes in one of the videos of gencon they said that the cubes are only placeholders.

Also an important news for me was that steamforged will only launch the core game and the kickstarter unlocked goals by april '17.

Here is the link to the video:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
msg tools
to 3)
If I remember correctly the bottom first three symbols are: physical defence, magical defence, dodge.

The fourth symbol may be soul cost since none other symbol is representing it.

Also at the top left corner is a symbol for the range of the weapon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig O'Connor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Personally, I am under no illusion that this game isn't going to be delayed as hell. I know Steamforged are saying its still set for an April 2017 release, but I don't believe it for a second.

Not that I don't have faith in the company, but they're still fleshing out the rules! April is only eight months away. I just can't see the game coming out on time when they're still working on rules, when we haven't seen renders of a lot of the mini's yet, and the pledge manager hasn't even been released.

I know I'm sounding like I'm being negative, but I'm not, not really. I late pledged for this game, so I'm kinda anxious for the pledge manager so I can consider what extra's to get. I'll also admit that I wasn't too sold on the game when I first heard about it, and the basic mechanics I read about at the time. I am however a huge fan of the video games - they suit my dark, hopeless outlook on life, and if nothing else, I'll get a cool set of figures from the Dark Souls universe. I just highly doubt I'll get them until around about next Christmas, at the earliest...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My gut says the same thing. I'm one of the ones who doesn't mind the wait though; moreover, as long as they don't run into any major manufacturing snags, and they are just working on the rules -- I actually like the wait.

To me that's a sign that they want to bring us a great game, not just a great collection of minis. Because let's face it, they could do a rush-job on the rules, and probably get away with it scot-free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Held
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
This shark, swallow you whole.
badge
I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish.
mbmbmbmbmb
If it gets delayed, I'm not too concerned. I also have my doubts at the moment as far as the April 2017 release.

However, just about everything that has happened since the Kickstarter-the changes that have been made to gameplay and the demos that I've seen of the game being played, have actually increased my optimism that this is going to end up being a good game. I was in on the Kickstarter for the minis and the distant hopes of it being an average game-now I'm starting to build up some enthusiasm over the past few months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arty N.
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
designer
The Waspman wrote:

Not that I don't have faith in the company, but they're still fleshing out the rules!

You can keep fleshing out the rules until very late in production, actually.

The most time-consuming process is manufacturing the miniatures. Printed materials don't take as much time to get done. Especially considering they have access to a lot of assets from the IP when it comes to the artwork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig O'Connor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
nichik wrote:

You can keep fleshing out the rules until very late in production, actually.

The most time-consuming process is manufacturing the miniatures. Printed materials don't take as much time to get done. Especially considering they have access to a lot of assets from the IP when it comes to the artwork.

That's a fair point, But there isn't a lot of information on the miniature production side of things is there? Granted, I haven't trawled through all the updates, but how far are they through the mini production process? Mini's games have a reputation for delays - which again, isn't something I'm bothered about, I'd rather it be delayed than rushed.

Something else that kinda bothers me about the game - but this is just a personal thing - is the collection of bosses they're using. I know that they said they've chosen their first collection of bosses primarily because of their different mechanics, but from a thematic standpoint, there's little to no connection between them. Especially if you consider a campaign mode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.