Liftoff!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cards and Budgets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thom Walla
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Recently we've been playing Liftoff again after a long hiatus and can't quite remember how the cards interact with the budget. We get that the table at the bottom of the card affects the budget for the following year, not the current as you've already collected money for the turn. However several cards specifically say things like 'reduce budget' or 'increase budget' while other say things like roll a 10 sided die and collect money equal to the die roll.

My question is do the cards that have 'reduce or increase budget' in the event part of the card make permanent changes to the budget for the following turns or are they temporary reductions or additions for that turn only. So a player that has 100 draws a card that says reduce budget by 50% mean that next year their budget is 50 or do they immediately take a 50% hit and pay back 50 to the bank but don't actually adjust the budget?

Any help appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mb
All budget impacts affect the on-going (permanent) income rate. Whereas "collect money" gives immediate cash. Nothing affects the budget for one turn only.

Remember also that there's a budget penalty if you choose not to accept a challenge mission (yeah, like I'll have a man on the moon before the end of the decade, in the 50s).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berthold Nüchter
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
I am the walrus
badge
checkpoint
mbmbmbmbmb
If a card tells you to change the budget this change is permanent and effects the income starting with the next round. A change of the budget does not effect your current money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom Walla
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Great, thanks for both answers. Much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.